Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat for sturgeon

Re: Boat for sturgeon

People canoe in the fraser, downstream of the mission bridge anyway...anchors can get stuck, it's smart to have a way to pull your anchor out backwards, I fasten the chain to the business end of the anchor and have a few zip ties tieing the chain to the top of it so if it gets stuck you can snap the zip ties and pull it out backwords...also good to have a float so it its stuck and a tug with big load is coming down river you can leave it and get out of the way without losing it..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by geologist View Post
    I plan to take my 14' Lund SSV onto the Fraser. It has a 25 HP main and a 5 HP kicker. Hopefully it will be enough to handle the mighty Fraser. Just need to replace the Danforth with a grappel style anchor.

The beam is around 70" and the sides are deep. The 16' will be even better.
    Let us know how it goes! You'll definitely want an anchor system like ElectricDyck describes. Any boat I run on the Fraser will have one, and like he says being able to detach if needed is a great idea. When we were on our friend's big Custom Weld boat and hooked a good fish, he'd actually cut loose from the anchor to float down stream and follow the fish. Then we'd go back up and retrieve the anchor.

I have a Fraser river anchor, rope and chain for sale. I am in Maple Ridge. Haven't posted it yet.