Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking to meet and find new sheep,elk,moose hunting partners

Re: Looking to meet and find new sheep,elk,moose hunting partners

as far as gear gose mostly sitka camo / mountain gear my pack is a mystery ranch beartooth 80 my rifle... depends custom 28 nosler, custom 338 edge or christensen arms ridgeline 6.5 prc i have hunted moose and elk alot same with black bear ,ducks/geese.ect pretty much if its brown i put it down. If it flys it dies

im looking at getting a life time membership to wild sheep federation the director works at 1 of the places i load at im oil patch trucker.

I’m not sure you will find sheep on MT Becker.

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    I’m not sure you will find sheep on MT Becker.
    Im also looking further south by south west into that mountain rNge but 7- 19 is the only unit in 7b that has a open season for big horn so there has got to be some in there

Quote Originally Posted by 338edgehunter View Post
    Im also looking further south by south west into that mountain rNge but 7- 19 is the only unit in 7b that has a open season for big horn so there has got to be some in there
    There are, but yes, look where you are indicating above.

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    There are, but yes, look where you are indicating above.
    Have you hunted 7-19 or 7- 18 if so what did you think of the area and possible access points into 7 -18 definitely looks real nice ..... i may just switch direction and head to 7- 42 south west corner

I would join the north peace rod and gun club, not a member myself, but have come across a few of their pdf presentations online while researching and feels like they are actively involved in a lot of things, I'd bet you'd find some like minded people there
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    I tried to find BiG Boars post (R.I.P. Dave) from way back to quote when there was a thread started years ago that was similar.... Pretty sure it was "Got tits? Probably have better luck if you have tits."
    Still makes me laugh, back from before stuff was sexist or racist or ageist and statues were just history, not symbols of oppression.... Ahhhh the good old days.

Best of luck to the OP though on his search. If I wasn't busy prepping for a sheep trip in a few days I'd try and help you find a sheep hunter up North here.
    Look at my signature. I quote him every time I post.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    I would join the north peace rod and gun club, not a member myself, but have come across a few of their pdf presentations online while researching and feels like they are actively involved in a lot of things, I'd bet you'd find some like minded people there
    im a member of the north peace rod and gun club i have found some more sheep hunters so the network is sloooowly growing in fact i used to run the place.