Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose Bag Limit Question

Moose Bag Limit Question

Having a bit of trouble understanding moose bag limits and just want to be sure I understand correctly. Our group of 4 got a shared hunt LEH moose draw good for 2 bull moose. I am assuming any size as there are no restrictions stated on the authorizations. Now the area we are going also is open for spike/fork moose with a bag limit of 1.

Does this mean our group can cancel our 2 bull moose tags on any animal, AS WELL AS shoot another spike/fork each. Is there a provincial bag limit on moose that I am not seeing in the regs?

Thanks all
    Blacktail Nut

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose Bag Limit Question

Bag limit for Moose is one province wide.

One person one moose. You shoot a spike and that’s technically your LEH bull.
    mid all stars aligned 6 people could take 6 bulls if you found two immys..

but I think you’re counting your eggs way before they hatch lol.

Murder said, "Does this mean our group can cancel our 2 bull moose tags on any animal"
    No, it means your group can take 2 bull moose and 2 of them tag those 2.
    The other 2 could take spike/fork bulls and tag them.
    As stated, the provincial bag limit is one moose.

Thanks for clearing it up gang!

Cheers
    Blacktail Nut

What I understand is in your group, everyone will purchase a moose tag. Two bulls can be knocked down under the LEH authorizations and then 1 spike/fork each per the other 2 hunters with un-cancelled tags can be knocked down. The 4 of you in your group could go home with a total of 4 bulls but at least two will have to be immies. One cancelled moose tag per hunter. Don't waste money buying two moose tags - actually I hope the system has a self check to ensure you can't buy more than one moose tag per hunting year.

lol - two other replies before I finished typing. Cheers
    Last edited by Rieber; 07-23-2020 at 06:16 PM. Reason: typed too slow

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    What I understand is in your group, everyone will purchase a moose tag. Two bulls can be knocked down under the LEH authorizations and then 1 spike/fork each per the other 2 hunters with un-cancelled tags can be knocked down. The 4 of you in your group could go home with a total of 4 bulls but at least two will have to be immies. One cancelled moose tag per hunter. Don't waste money buying two moose tags - actually I hope the system has a self check to ensure you can't buy more than one moose tag per hunting year.

lol - two other replies before I finished typing. Cheers
    It would seem you are correct. Thanks for taking the time to write!
    Blacktail Nut

I don't think the online tag shopping cart would allow you to purchase two moose tags under the same hunter number.

You have a shared hunt for two moose. The point of the hunt is multiple hunters can share in the hunt and share the harvest. The group in the shared hunt is limited to two moose in your case.

"For shared hunts only,each hunter of the shared group is required tocarry the Harvest Report form while hunting.The Harvest Report form is on the bottompart of the shared limited entry hunting authorization. Your shared limited entryhunting authorization is available online inyour Fish and Wildlife profile. Communicationis required within the group while huntingto avoid exceeding the group limit. Once anauthorized animal is harvested, the successfulhunter must immediately inform the othermembers of the group, and each member ofthe group must immediately document thesuccessful harvest on their Harvest Reportform"

And yet the LEH paper is not clear that each hunter must cancel their own individual tag or not
    What is the wording on the Harvest Report form?
    Last edited by boxhitch; 07-24-2020 at 07:30 AM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    One person one moose. You shoot a spike and that’s technically your LEH bull.
    mid all stars aligned 6 people could take 6 bulls if you found two immys..

but I think you’re counting your eggs way before they hatch lol.
    they only get 2 moose on LEH, so you would need 4 immys
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member