Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the feral pigs?

Where are the feral pigs?

Hey all, I've read many of the posts on here about feral pigs, but nothing about their regional habitats specifically in BC. Does anyone know areas in the lower mainland where someone could find them?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where are the feral pigs?

There isn't any. Not like in the US at any rate.

Your first post, perhaps an introduction would be in order.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

sylvester road is loaded in pigs.

Hey dude, there's guys on here that will try and dissuade you from hunting the feral pigs that are invading BC because they are jealous and want to keep the pig hunting to themselves. They are out there man!!! Sorry I'm not giving up my spot...but try whipsaw

I’ve seen parties of them in Victoria. Be careful though, most carry the swine flu, which is highly contagious and can lead to MLA, a terminal condition that makes it impossible to live anywhere except off the public teat.

This comes up every year, frequently by new hunters.

If there are any at all, they are so few that it is virtually an urban myth. In BC anyway.

I've never seen a real photo of one shot by anyone. There was a rumour a few years ago about some out Blackwater way.

The only pigs I've seen up Whipsaw are the 4x4 gangs chewing up the alpine.

Hi wildcatter, you're right... my apologies. I'm a rookie at these posting boards. Read them frequently, but should've said hello I've been shooting for about 5 years and live in the Lower Mainland. I am a complete noob when it comes to hunting (other than reading things online and talking to a few friends that hunt). I don't want to start with big game and noticed that feral pigs have no limits or season here in BC. Thought that would be a good place to start - an invasive specie that goes great with eggs in the morning! I really appreciate learning from you experienced guys on here. Thanks for posting great content!!

Quote Originally Posted by pconpcs View Post
    Hi wildcatter, you're right... my apologies. I'm a rookie at these posting boards. Read them frequently, but should've said hello I've been shooting for about 5 years and live in the Lower Mainland. I am a complete noob when it comes to hunting (other than reading things online and talking to a few friends that hunt). I don't want to start with big game and noticed that feral pigs have no limits or season here in BC. Thought that would be a good place to start - an invasive specie that goes great with eggs in the morning! I really appreciate learning from you experienced guys on here. Thanks for posting great content!!
    Go for black bears. Lots of em out there, just go for a drive and you should run into 1 or 2

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    sylvester road is loaded in pigs.
    thanks 'walks with deer'... you mean out Stave Lake / Mission area?