Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kuiu Pro Pack System

Kuiu Pro Pack System

Quick question:

considering the Kuiu Pro 3600 pack for day hunts. The downside is the price and you need to purchase the pack, the internal frame and then the suspension all separately. The plus is that different bags can be interchangeable.
    my question is can this pack be used without the internal frame as it won’t be used as a meat hauler. I could then purchase that frame at another time. Doing so would knock 200 bucks off the price.

thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kuiu Pro Pack System

The only Kuiu pack that can be run without the carbon frame sheet and only the suspension is the 1850 icon pro. It has aluminum stays you install when you run it without the frame sheet. All other bags must be used with the carbon frame sheet and suspension.
    Last edited by donny.brooke; 07-19-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Badlands vario.

Quote Originally Posted by donny.brooke View Post
    The only Kuiu pack that can be run without the carbon frame sheet and only the suspension is the 1850 icon pro. It has aluminum stays you install when you run it without the frame sheet. All other bags must be used with the carbon frame sheet and suspension.
    This ^ and I find the 1850 small for a day hunt if you plan on hiking and bringing a spotting scope. I stepped up to the 3600 for a day pack/one or two nighter. I keep a 7200 in the closet for multi day adventures. It's a good system, light weight and fairly tough from my personal experience. The one thing I will say is that it does not carry weight as nice as others.

If you are spending Kuiu dollars on a pack get one that is worth the money; kifaru, stone glacier, even a Mystery Ranch. There are a lot of better constructed options out there than Kuiu when it comes to packs.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    If you are spending Kuiu dollars on a pack get one that is worth the money; kifaru, stone glacier, even a Mystery Ranch. There are a lot of better constructed options out there than Kuiu when it comes to packs.
    I'm glad someone said this cause I'm looking for a new pack and I needed some options!

Why spend lots if you aren’t planning on packing much weight?

Check out the EXO packs also. I use a 3500 as a day pack and it reduces size for this purpose nicely.

There is a pack comparison video done by rokslide and the kuiu pack is doing pretty good compared to the others tested. Might be worth checking out.

Im a life long lover of Kuiu, but when it comes to packs and sleeping bags..... KIFARU all the way....!
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!