Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Rain Gear, Sitka versus Kuiu---GO

Re: Best Rain Gear, Sitka versus Kuiu---GO

I run an arcteryx alpha SV jacket. Bought it used from Vancouver. It started delaminating so I sent it in an now have a brand new alpha sv. Absolutely bomb proof.

i run the Sitka cloudburst pants (good buddy runs full cloudburst set). They are durable, yet packable. It’s the mid point betweeen the stormfront and dew point.

The gratitude I have for these pieces of rain gear far outweighs the cost. Up in the mountains I felt very comfortable in some terrible conditions with this set up. I kept praising my gear in the mountains for how comfortable it made me feel.

Sitka Cloudburst jacket and Dewpoint pants. The pants very packable and reviewed by some as more durable than the Cloudburst. Only thing they are missing are pockets. I got the Cloudburst jacket because of the extra pockets and ability to wear it as a another top layer if need be.

That being said my uncle owns the Arcteryx Leaf stuff and that shit is bomb proof.

Sitka Stormfront

and if you're into mooseing with waders on, the Kodiak 3/4 length coat makes a great combo
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I Got Sitka Stormfront and Arcteryx Leaf Both are geat, Sitka is less noisy
    Where I walk, everything appears in grey...Loosen all hope, you who confronts me!

U can buy it, I got Arcteryx Alpha Gen 2 Jacket / Pants set...
    Last edited by Stranger In The Woods; 07-25-2020 at 09:40 PM.
    Where I walk, everything appears in grey...Loosen all hope, you who confronts me!

Thanks, Guys, this has been very helpful

Just spent two 16 days up west of Dease in the rain. I wore Helly Hansen pants and an Arcteryx SV jacket. Kept me me dry each day. July and I was still hiking through snow, which was better than the lower elevation devils club. I have Sitka Cloudburst pants and they are great but not going to destroy them for work when I have a warm, dry place at night.

I like the First Lite rain gear best because it is more durable than Kuiu, and keeps me totally dry. I have a set for city in the plain green and a munting set in camo. My Kuiu stuff not so much especially after one little slide down a snowy bank wore a hole in the ass of the pants.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."