Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inreach Mini vs Gpsmap 66i

Re: Inreach Mini vs Gpsmap 66i

I wouldn't trust my life to a smart phone. I love my 66i, does everything I need
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I have tried both, and personally like the 66i best! All in one unit, you can tether your phone for easier typing if you like, but leave it in the pack in shitty weather! Weather resistance was big point for me. I like having a full GPS unit with 200h battery life!

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I wouldn't trust my life to a smart phone. I love my 66i, does everything I need
    I couldn’t agree more, these people that trust a smart phone with potentially their life baffle me.. but that’s Darwin!

Have the mini. Zero issues. 3.5oz hard to beat. find the phone maps great. pretty soon the big gps unit will be obsolete.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    I couldn’t agree more, these people that trust a smart phone with potentially their life baffle me.. but that’s Darwin!
    Definitely a good point. I purchased the Mini before the 66i came out. I have had good luck with the Earthmate app but I agree that trusting the phone is not the best option.