Thread: Protected areas

Protected areas

Does anyone know the rules regarding motorized boats in rivers and lakes within protected areas? I’ve noticed a few good looking protected areas that are open to hunting that are only reachable by jet boat.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Protected areas

It should state on the BC parks website....for the particular park your looking for, search for it then click on the details...I'm assuming that would tell you anyway..

The parks page doesn’t mention anything about motorized boats. I’m assuming this is because even jet boat access will be quite difficult. I’m assuming calling the COs could get me a definitive answer.

Generally jet boats are motorized vehicles... so if you aren't allowed to use a motorized vehicle within park boundaries...

Don't quote me on that. But i think it's within the first dozen or so pages of the freshwater fishing regs.

They have to specifically restrict it. Otherwise boats with motors are allowed. I know lots of parks where jet boats are allowed on rivers and motor boats on the lakes. I don’t know of any where it’s not allowed. Think Stikine, Tuchodi, Ketchika are all in parks for a portion and lots of boats.