Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Netting the Vedder

Re: Netting the Vedder

Quote Originally Posted by sillybear View Post
    I was born in Chilliwack and raised eating fish bought from natives. My beliefs now are that I subsidize natives more every year with every tax dollar I spend.
    I hope I would starve before I ever bought a fish from the natives. If there was no market I doubt they would put the in effort.

I never bought fish from the natives and pulled countless dead fish and nets from the Chilliwack river.
    Made countless reports to the Fisheries and CO service.
    Nobody among the powers at be cares.
    Why should I.
    I could bark up the wrong tree like the rest of the good folk above, but I won't.
    The bottom line is, if one day someone tells me I can't fish, but someone else can fish for commercial purposes, I will continue to fish.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

The salmon bearing rivers have been netted forever. Once the rivers run dry of salmon, smaller mesh nets will be used to scoop up the Trout, bass, Whitefish and Char. Once there are no more salmon to be sold, people will line up to buy whatever is available. This netting activity won't stop - who will stop them - there is no mechanism in Government to stop this. I'm not saying we just give up hope trying to stop this but let's be serious - it's hands off.

Any land around salmon bearing waters are likey to be handed over in the next phase of Liberal landmass handovers. Mark my words, there will soon come a time when we'll be crying for the Americans to come buy out BC to put an end to this land handover. But then again, see what they did last year or the year before with the Colville or Okanagan bands just south of our border - giving the natives the ability to freely take game on either side of the 49th.

Guessing this is the price we get to pay for allowing free passage highways, rail, pipelines and Hydro lines to cross the Province and Country.

For a People that claim to be under-educated (for the most part although, there are brilliant people in all walks of life) they sure can kick the crap out of our Government, Leaders and Officials when it comes to any form of negotiations. Yet we keep voting in the same Government despite all their wrong doing.

I'm not sure we have the right to complain so much. I can only cast one vote.

Quote Originally Posted by jamfarm View Post
    Any farmers selling hay bales out that way?
    yup how many you want.

free if used as stated

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    The salmon bearing rivers have been netted forever. Once the rivers run dry of salmon, smaller mesh nets will be used to scoop up the Trout, bass, Whitefish and Char. Once there are no more salmon to be sold, people will line up to buy whatever is available. This netting activity won't stop - who will stop them - there is no mechanism in Government to stop this. I'm not saying we just give up hope trying to stop this but let's be serious - it's hands off.

Any land around salmon bearing waters are likey to be handed over in the next phase of Liberal landmass handovers. Mark my words, there will soon come a time when we'll be crying for the Americans to come buy out BC to put an end to this land handover. But then again, see what they did last year or the year before with the Colville or Okanagan bands just south of our border - giving the natives the ability to freely take game on either side of the 49th.

Guessing this is the price we get to pay for allowing free passage highways, rail, pipelines and Hydro lines to cross the Province and Country.

For a People that claim to be under-educated (for the most part although, there are brilliant people in all walks of life) they sure can kick the crap out of our Government, Leaders and Officials when it comes to any form of negotiations. Yet we keep voting in the same Government despite all their wrong doing.

I'm not sure we have the right to complain so much. I can only cast one vote.
    Agreed.
    We have learned jack shit from the Newfie cod fishery collapse.
    I happen to think the faster we hit the bottom the faster we can start with intelligent conversations about recovery.
    Net them all away, I say!
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Bloody Hell ! Sorry but I feel as though the generation before mine had really good fishing and hunting and now it’s going downhill due to many factors . Where the hell is the will to change things for the better ? Should have been out there hunting and fishing instead of blowing my youth .Rant over !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

You cant recover something that is extinct...

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    You cant recover something that is extinct...
    Aren't enslaved to its preservation either.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Like really, how much fish do they need?? The DFO, RCMP and Conservation officers have zero balls, it's illegal for them to sell fish but just turn a blind eye...It's just total bullshiet, but like others have said, quit buying the fish from them!
    DFO officers lay charges, clear illegal nets and do their job. Its the justice system and crown counsel that sweep the charges under the rug. That is the sickening part.

The nets are right across the entire river as of Sunday, the fish don't stand a chance.. So in the end, the natives get a shiet load of fish, and for what, they aren't going to eat it all, it's just the non-natives buying it! If people would stop buying it, the DFO grow a set and come down on the natives with charges that stick as well as selling the fish maybe, just maybe they may stand a better chance!
    Last edited by browningboy; 07-21-2020 at 09:03 AM.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...