Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Netting the Vedder

Re: Netting the Vedder

So, we pay and pay and pay, we pay for their livelihoods, education, etc etc etc, then we pay them for the fish they caught with our govt money providing the nets and all. Then we will end up paying them more after they complete the decimation of all the runs and cant make their ceremonial money off the proceeds.

Insanity
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Russell View Post
    This statement is complete and utter SHITE. This has ZERO to do with sockeye. Its all about chinook. Quit posting opinion.

Indians have netted the vedder whenever there is a good sockeye return. Fact.
    Sure maybe this specific opening is for chinook but what's the difference.
    No f'n difference if they net the lower vedder or the mouth.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    Well - you know - that traditional selling of salmon from pickup trucks. It's ceremonial.
    Yea pretty much A long with the Deer and Elk ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Yea pretty much A long with the Deer and Elk ! RJ
    So, I'm pretty open to folks having 'traditions'. But, my kids come home from school and tell me how the First Nations use all of the animal and respect the land etc - and I ask them is it traditional ceremony to sell salmon out of a pickup truck when no one else is allowed to fish because they're almost gone?

I have to say - even my 'liberal', vegan, 14 year old daughter tells me - 'dad, it's not fair to have different rules for separate groups - we're all Canadian'.

Adriaticum once again you are out to lunch in your comments. They allowed netting a few cycles ago for the Chilliwack lake stock. We havent seen a good return since. The cultas lake returns will be impacted by this stupid opening.

An indicator that sockeye returns are doing better on the Vedder? Please stop posting about fishing, you are embarrasing yourself. Just a typical keyboard fisherman with zero info or experience on what they are talking about.

As per good sockeye returns, this has been one of the worst returns on the Vedder in a long time.

If they really wanted to target the red chinook they could just take them out of the hatchery. But those fish have no market value.

Any sports member who made this deal need to step down. This will be a crushing blow to an already floundering industry in the Fraser valley.
    Last edited by tubby; 07-16-2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Yawn

Like really, how much fish do they need?? The DFO, RCMP and Conservation officers have zero balls, it's illegal for them to sell fish but just turn a blind eye...It's just total bullshiet, but like others have said, quit buying the fish from them!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Adriaticum once again you are out to lunch in your comments. They allowed netting a few cycles ago for the Chilliwack lake stock. We havent seen a good return since. The cultas lake returns will be impacted by this stupid opening.

An indicator that sockeye returns are doing better on the Vedder? Please stop posting about fishing, you are embarrasing yourself.
    Please stop postingp

As per good sockeye returns, this has been one of the worst returns on the Vedder in a long time.

If they really wanted to target the red chinook they could just take them out of the hatchery. But those fish have no market value.

Any sports member who made this deal need to step down. This will be a crushing blow to an already floundering industry in the Fraser valley.

Cultus Lake sockeye is dead.
    That run is finished and I think the fishing community has accepted that.
    There is nothing you can wish for that will help that.
    Short of removing the millions of campers and millions of invasive fish in the lake.
    I suppose you could lobby to remove the resort and poison the lake.
    See how that goes.

But maybe Chilliwack lake has a hope.
    Last edited by adriaticum; 07-16-2020 at 11:03 AM.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Arrow Re: Netting the Vedder

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Russell View Post
    This statement is complete and utter SHITE. This has ZERO to do with sockeye. Its all about chinook. Quit posting opinion.
    This...

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Adriaticum once again you are out to lunch in your comments.

Please stop posting about fishing, you are embarrassing yourself.
    And this.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I was born in Chilliwack and raised eating fish bought from natives. My beliefs now are that I subsidize natives more every year with every tax dollar I spend.
    I hope I would starve before I ever bought a fish from the natives. If there was no market I doubt they would put the in effort.

Run a net across the River catch every fish, sell whole guts and all when they start to stink dump and repeat. Not much effort involved I’d say. Keepers of the land. BS.