Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Netting the Vedder

Re: Netting the Vedder

I may be changing my mind when it comes to buying off the Indians...I have lost hope...after looking for a spot to moose hunt in the rut this year I became sad.....the government is not on our side, I started hunting 13 years ago and their has been a dramatic reduction in opportunity in hunting and fishing andnot because of conservation....but I can go moose hunting with an Indian, they can shoot the moose and gift the moose to me year round with no legal ramifications...I can buy ungutted fresh sockeye for cheap and enjoy a wonderful sockeye sashimi with no legal ramifications..

All the huge problems with FN wildlife management are overlooked while COs are confiscating white tails with racks attached that have the tail cut off that are clearly white tails...we get stopped and have to unload all our neatly packed gear and get hassled for not having sign of sex on a black bear..give me a break..rules don't mean much when they are only important if enforced on certain people....

Might have to go do some winter snow mobile moose hunting while eating sockeye sashimi and sturgeon caviar..doesn't seem like it matters anyway..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    yup how many you want.

what did I miss, what are the hay bails useful for !? Do they soak up a bunch of water and float down the river !?

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    what did I miss, what are the hay bails useful for !? Do they soak up a bunch of water and float down the river !?
    Yes and then Im guessing take out nets...which then would probably be replaced with our tax dollars..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    The salmon bearing rivers have been netted forever. Once the rivers run dry of salmon, smaller mesh nets will be used to scoop up the Trout, bass, Whitefish and Char. Once there are no more salmon to be sold, people will line up to buy whatever is available. This netting activity won't stop - who will stop them - there is no mechanism in Government to stop this. I'm not saying we just give up hope trying to stop this but let's be serious - it's hands off.

Any land around salmon bearing waters are likey to be handed over in the next phase of Liberal landmass handovers. Mark my words, there will soon come a time when we'll be crying for the Americans to come buy out BC to put an end to this land handover. But then again, see what they did last year or the year before with the Colville or Okanagan bands just south of our border - giving the natives the ability to freely take game on either side of the 49th.

Guessing this is the price we get to pay for allowing free passage highways, rail, pipelines and Hydro lines to cross the Province and Country.

For a People that claim to be under-educated (for the most part although, there are brilliant people in all walks of life) they sure can kick the crap out of our Government, Leaders and Officials when it comes to any form of negotiations. Yet we keep voting in the same Government despite all their wrong doing.

I'm not sure we have the right to complain so much. I can only cast one vote.
    Totally agree, it's over..

The Vedder fishery (nets) is over - it was a limited pilot fishery - almost zero fish where actually taken by the fishery - maybe 1 - lol!

The nets will be back on the Fraser, Harrison and Sumas rivers sometime in the near future - instead of sitting behind the comfort of your keyboards why not try and do something different for a change - try a bit of dialogue with the First Nations in your local area - you might be surprised to find out that they are just as sick of all the BS as you are - the biggest fear the Government has is that the sport fisherman and the FN stand together and demand the end of the commercial fish farms and endless plunder of the resource.

you don’t have to be very bright to figure out that with cooperation our fishing could be as good if not better than they have it a few hundred Km’s to the South in Washington and Oregon - the real differences is that the Yanks have got their shit together with a real hatchery program - wild fish (salmon and steelhead) are cherished and protected - just ask the fisherman on the North End of Vancouver Island how many “America bound” fish they catch every year - lol ��
    Last edited by Stormy; 07-26-2020 at 07:16 AM.
    I have walked in the footstep's of elephants, heard lions roar and met the Cape buffalo on his own turf - I'm blessed to be born African - And proud to be a Canadian!

Salmon fishing is all but done. Sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    The Vedder fishery (nets) is over - it was a limited pilot fishery - almost zero fish where actually taken by the fishery - maybe 1 - lol!

The nets will be back on the Fraser, Harrison and Sumas rivers sometime in the near future - instead of sitting behind the comfort of your keyboards why not try and do something different for a change - try a bit of dialogue with the First Nations in your local area - you might be surprised to find out that they are just as sick of all the BS as you are - the biggest fear the Government has is that the sport fisherman and the FN stand together and demand the end of the commercial fish farms and endless plunder of the resource.

you don’t have to be very bright to figure out that with cooperation our fishing could be as good if not better than they have it a few hundred Km’s to the South in Washington and Oregon - the real differences is that the Yanks have got their shit together with a real hatchery program - wild fish (salmon and steelhead) are cherished and protected - just ask the fisherman on the North End of Vancouver Island how many “America bound” fish they catch every year - lol ��
    Its not over,they have until the end of August, i saw a poc of a net from either side of the river with about a 10 foot gap in the middle at the kieth Wilson Bridge,pretty difficult for much to make it through there

Bro was out at the vedder today, nets still there, appRently supposed to be 8 nch holes to.catch chinook..he checked it out, 4 inch holes and empty..

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

If you look at hunting and all the closures indians ard not looking for partners...unless you pay them to take you moose hunting lol

Turdo should just write another cheque every year to keep their nets out. Similar to Cerb, no work get paid, vs no nets get paid just the same.
    Blacktailaholic