Thread: No motorized hunting past Vuich Creek

No motorized hunting past Vuich Creek

Was riding this weekend along Tulameen FSR and as you pass Sutter Creek campground, you come to a crossing over Vuich Creek and there's a sign saying no motorized hunting past this point. I rode into the area and it's huge. It would be impossible to hunt on foot and carry game back. Does anybody know what the reason is for this restriction?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: No motorized hunting past Vuich Creek

Quote Originally Posted by lakelander View Post
    Was riding this weekend along Tulameen FSR and as you pass Sutter Creek campground, you come to a crossing over Vuich Creek and there's a sign saying no motorized hunting past this point. I rode into the area and it's huge. It would be impossible to hunt on foot and carry game back. Does anybody know what the reason is for this restriction?
    I could be mistaken, but I think it has something to do with the North cascades G bear reintroduction. Second hand info so could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lakelander View Post
    Does anybody know what the reason is for this restriction?
    ELK preserve. The other side of the hill is Sunshine village, a buddy once had a cabin north of Hwy 3 could hear Elk all the time in Sept!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Went for a hike in there near Henning and there are signs explaining it is for the grizzly bear habitat protection but the signs are old

Did a few horse back hunts down there......was a lot to see!

Drove it once too, saw numerous animals and a bunch of signage about the Grizz Habitat and study, but that was quite a few years ago. The road goes a long way in. Did see a couple of Grizz, black bear and moose.

Some huge bowls at the start, right side, use to be real good for bear in the early fall.