Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What game bags do you use for moose?

Re: What game bags do you use for moose?

Tag Bags are great

You need quite a few bags for a moose: 4 quarters, huge neck, backstraps , brisket, ribs, heart, tounge etc.
    Figure 6-8 man trips for a moose. 8-10 game bags is not unreasonable.

I use white t-shirt material from a fabric store. If you can find it it comes in a tube by the ft off of a roll and you only have to sew one seem across the bottom and you have a bag. I make mine 5 ft long and they will hold a whole deer or a moose quarter easily. Once used I soak in cold water with a bit of bleach then run through the washer/dryer

No need for the pallets...just cut a bunch of saplings the length of your truck bed and a few the width to keep em up off the floor...works good on the ground in the bush too.
    Hang em in the night to cool then lay em in the shade with a canvas tarp over them and cedar bows over top of everything. They will stay cool on the hotest of days. But remember to hang em again during the night and keep someone in camp during the day. The guy who shot the moose is finished hunting anyway.

We used to buy old bed sheets at the thrift store for a couple bucks and just wrap the quarters and tie em with string. Worked alright. Used cheese cloth a lot also, I preferred the sheets.
    I bought some bags now, but haven’t used them yet, the last few have been pretty easy...

I have 20 or so sewed 10 oz canvas bags with string closures, 24" x 32". strong enough to hang from the pole. Bullet proof for blow flies.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

Pillow cases work good as well. Cheap, tough and reusable

Bed sheets and a roll of duct tape. don't need to sew them.

I used the Ajillis Moose/elk 6 pack on our horse hunt. It was great - durable, breathable and separate bags for the gutless method - four quarters plus two for extra meat. Worked great for hanging, too as wasn't too much in one bag - better for cooling. Plus they aren't horrific - I think they run about 75$ or so. Fully re-usable, so will hopefully get many more uses

I had some sewn up for me by my local laundry girl. I used some pretty heavy cotton material (but cant remember exactly what), they have lasted and work great. I had a few different sizes made. Easy to wash in the washing machine.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo