Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What’s the best backpacking/hiking socks?

Re: What’s the best backpacking/hiking socks?

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I’m looking for some opinions here. I tried a pair of my buddy’s first lite socks last fall and fell in love with them. I went to order 3 pairs of socks a couple of weeks ago and they wanted $75 for shipping. The bill was around $200 so I decided to go a different route. I ordered some darn tough heavy hiking socks, but they really don’t compare, so now I’m out another $70. I probably should have just paid the shipping.

Anyways, who knows of a reasonable sock with a heavy foot bed designed for hiking with the top and ankle sections lighter. Must be merino.
    Darn Tough! They also claim a lifetime warranty. Have tried Kuiu and others but find DT reliable and haven't had to invoke the warranty as of yet.

Darn Tough, hiker. Love them.
    Costco one's, like said earlier, were great when they first came out. Now they fit on the small size and not as good as before.

Another vote for Darn tough, the hunter full cushion boot sock. I started with Icebreaker and every pair started to come apart at the top cuff.

Darn tough are good socks. Bought a pair of wigwams with year and I am blown away with the performance. I wore the same pair all bear season chasing around my dogs my feet have never been more cool or comfortable. Dry very quick as well. Worth the money.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Costco wool socks work great for me and I even get the ladies trail socks for warmer months, they are thin merino socks and not even in overly girly colours either.

I like Darn Tough as well

Darn Tough. They have a great hiking sock but I've actually started wearing one of their light or medium ski socks with a liner sock.

Darn Tough socks. They're not a purchase, they're an investment. No other sock brand that has an unconditional lifetime warranty.

I use Icebreaker and Smartwool. Not cheaper but really good socks.

Icebreaker over the calf. No blisters, never fall down, comfortable and stink resistant (for awhile). Expensive but worth it.