Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Northern BC FN call for removal of GBear hunt ban

Re: Northern BC FN call for removal of GBear hunt ban

I'm curious to see if the Tahltan call the NDP's bluff. It's pretty easy for Chad Day and the TCG to say they weren't properly consulted (pretty sure he's argued that already). It's also pretty tough for the NDP to adopt Bill 41 (UNDRIP) which calls for full and informed consent, and then not allow the Tahltan to do what they think is right and reasonable.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Re: Northern BC FN call for removal of GBear hunt ban

Quote Originally Posted by WelderGuy View Post
    After reading ALL of your comments in this thread I must say, I believe you have it nailed down correctly, and I wish more people held these views,,,thank you
    I don’t disagree with either of you that this is the way it should be. But I’m pretty confident there aren’t enough people that care about hunting, and will actually get off their ass and pressure their elected officials, to ever influence any elected party. Sure hasn’t been in the last 20 years, don’t see what’s changed to all of a sudden make a difference. I wish I was wrong, but I don’t see that I am.