Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Northern BC FN call for removal of GBear hunt ban

Re: Northern BC FN call for removal of GBear hunt ban

Quote Originally Posted by westcoaster View Post
    couldn't agree more....

”indigenous knowledge” has been a double edged sword lately. I’m after pure science, but that’s a pipe dream

The new term I've started seeing is "TEK" - which I believe means "traditional ecological knowledge".

This won't surprise you, but I read one non-Indigenous scientist remarking that he got some grief in a paper for using TEK because it wasn't clear if he was using it himself (bad, I suppose) or getting it from an approved source.

I actually don't see a necessary disconnect between Indigenous knowledge and western science. They should be easy to reconcile in a disciplined way. However, I'm sure there will be some funny (sometimes funny enough to make you cry) examples of it emerging.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Despite what the Liebrals and the Provincial NDP said, financially pre-covid 19 our debt was not too good. Now with Covid we are in the poor house and will be for many years. Canadians, Federal Liebrals and NDPers must WAKE UP. We can no longer pander to the non-productive segments of this once great country. Canadians are polite and timid generally, but mark my words we will have a tax payer revolt in this country and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    news flash chad day is the febuary elk killer...in region 5
    chad day is trying to sell hunts and play his guitar.
    These are the kind of comments that completely discredit this site.
    The first one of him being “the February elk killer....in region 5” is straight BS.
    As for the second comment on trying to sell hunts and play his guitar.....you’ve missed the mark again.
    The Tahltans have the grizzly bear hunt.....maybe try and comprehend he’s trying to reinstate a grizzly hunt for others.
    BC residents, guides and ungulates will benefit if something comes of this.
    Not a real hard concept to grasp but I doubt like hell Chad Day will continue to be supportive if one group continues to sling shit.

Grizzly Hunting in BC will only be re-instate if the Provincial NDP are soundly defeated in the next Provincial Election and a collection of Natives, Guide Outfitters and Resident Hunters can make the Provincial Liberal Back Benchers shit their pants more than the Tree Huggers. That is what will get the hunt re-instated.

You need to delete this or back it up.
    As far as I know he is not a hunter. I teach his kids and talk with him occasionally. I believe he went Grizzly hunting just to kill one to do his part and draw attention to the issue (he wasn't successful).

So here we have a First Nation's leader that is ON OUR SIDE and doing something that will benefit hunters but somehow we turned that into a bad thing. Stop trying to find the negatives and instead support Chad on this issue. Sure there will be other issues to disagree with the Tahltahn's but on this one show support and come together.

You know he could be advocating to just allow Tahltan's to sell Grizzly hunts in their territory to whomever they please but he is not doing that. He wants to get the grizzly hunt reinstated for the WHOLE PROVINCE and for ALL hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    These are the kind of comments that completely discredit this site.
    The first one of him being “the February elk killer....in region 5” is straight BS.
    As for the second comment on trying to sell hunts and play his guitar.....you’ve missed the mark again.
    The Tahltans have the grizzly bear hunt.....maybe try and comprehend he’s trying to reinstate a grizzly hunt for others.
    BC residents, guides and ungulates will benefit if something comes of this.
    Not a real hard concept to grasp but I doubt like hell Chad Day will continue to be supportive if one group continues to sling shit.
    Walks with deer is one person....not a group. He speaks for himself and only himself.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

In internet slang, a troll is a person who starts flame wars or intentionally upsets people on the Internet by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion,either for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...........Troll is what Walks with Deer is doing.

And..........its February not febuary......unless it got changed recently.

Last edited by tyreguy; 07-15-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Anyone interested in this development should listen to the Hunter Conservationist podcast episode 27. It’s definitely worth a listen regardless of your thoughts on the issue. I’ve been noticing a couple podcasts talking about FN and wildlife management, I’m for sure no expert, but they do raise some interesting points. In my opinion it’s scary giving control to any one group, but I have a hard time seeing how anyone could screw up wildlife more than the government is doing now. The problem I see is as resident hunters is all the unknowns, I don’t want to lose my rights anymore than the next guy. At the same time I can see how hunting is never going to be a priority politically without FN involvement, it’s a tough one for sure. Interested in others thought on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    We must boot the NDP back where they belong, weak opposition, and throw anything that even smells like U.N Communism in the recycle bin. Then put pressure on our MLA's to re-instate the Grizzly Hunt. Anyone who thinks the natives will be our allies in this are in for a big surprise. Taxpayers must take control of this country and let or elected representatives know that the parasite groups no longer call the shots. Reality is a truly scary place and our Governments are about to get a taste of it this fall when they can no longer lie about how bad the economy really is. The Turrd and Horrible Horgan must cringe every time they hear about the initiatives Alberta is implementing to off set the crazy commie crap that is destroying this country.
    After reading ALL of your comments in this thread I must say, I believe you have it nailed down correctly, and I wish more people held these views,,,thank you