Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuna trip cancelled. Need a fun fishing back up plan 3rd week in september

Tuna trip cancelled. Need a fun fishing back up plan 3rd week in september

Was supposed to fish down in Washington with a group of 4 towards the end of sept. but looks like its not going to happen. I am not used to fishing this late since its hunting season but we want to put a trip together since half the guys don't hunt so i need a back up plan. were from the Okanagan. Was thinking maybe 100 mile area for lakers/ Kokanee and rent a cabin. Maybe charter a river boat for sturgeon/coho on the Frasier. Anyone got any good ideas for that time of year? I am all ears.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tuna trip cancelled. Need a fun fishing back up plan 3rd week in september

little early for coho on fraser some will be there but might not be open..
    take a guided trip on kinabasket.
    bring your gun incase you see a elk.
    you will see whitetail and catch big fish.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    little early for coho on fraser some will be there but might not be open..
    take a guided trip on kinabasket.
    bring your gun incase you see a elk.
    you will see whitetail and catch big fish.

We have our own big boat. where would you suggest we try as a base/starting point? Elk on the side is very interesting.

Fall walleye fishing on the Columbia can be very fun.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Quote Originally Posted by weatherby_man View Post
    Fall walleye fishing on the Columbia can be very fun.
    How has that fishery been lately? that sounds fun as well. I used to do a lot of walleye fishing and miss it. Maybe spend a day on the river and a day on south arrow?
    Last edited by bard; 07-14-2020 at 11:46 AM.

West Coast Vancouver Island.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    West Coast Vancouver Island.
    Yes sir..don't they do 3 day tuna trips out of Bamfield" ..? I'm certain they do..
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Yes sir..don't they do 3 day tuna trips out of Bamfield" ..? I'm certain they do..
    Srupp
    do you know which charter outfit? a little late i been told but would book on short notice and go if possible

Quote Originally Posted by bard View Post
    do you know which charter outfit? a little late i been told but would book on short notice and go if possible
    Hmmm actually. Yes..

MURPHYS" SPORT FISHING. 250- 723-8022

Very knowledgable eprienced guide.I have not fished with him..but he and his sister have done many sports fishing episodes. .like what was shown.he is highly recommended
    Good luck. Tight lines.
    Steven

Yep. fish tuna out of Tahsis or Kyuquot. A bit earlier though. 1st couple weeks of September. some awesome big coho around too.