Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuna trip cancelled. Need a fun fishing back up plan 3rd week in september

Re: Tuna trip cancelled. Need a fun fishing back up plan 3rd week in september

I think Westview marina in Tahsis does tuna trips. I remember reading about the info on their website last year. I assume it would still be listed. I'm headed that way in a few days and fishing out of that marina.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Oli's Fishing charters out of Winter Harbour. Check out his facebook.
    I did chat with Oli. he said its too late and to come earlier in the season. They are putting on a Derby the first week of Sept. which i wish i could make. Sounds like a good time. Sounds like Winter harbor is a good spot to head out from as the shelf is quite a bit closer. Usually makes for a shorter run out

Some Tuna are being caught out of Tofino the last few days. Willie Mitchel had videos up on his instagram. few other boats went out after he did and got into some as well

Inquire with the old fart Matt here "IronNoggin".
    He doesn't know jack about fishing, but he knows people who do
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

tofino has many outfits who do tuna .
    the race for the blue tourney is sept 11-19 .

i went last year - tons of fish .....just dont try and find a guide that week

good luck
    And That Is That

Quote Originally Posted by hntcrazy View Post
    tofino has many outfits who do tuna .
    the race for the blue tourney is sept 11-19 .

i went last year - tons of fish .....just dont try and find a guide that week

good luck

Just watched a few videos from the Tourny the last few years. Looks like a blast. A guide from Tofino got ahold of me. I think i better give this a go