Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LEH Bison 7-42D

Re: LEH Bison 7-42D

Good luck
    we just came back from 42C, 12 days in the Bush with no success, one animal was taken from there on day two of the opening by two hunters that had done their homework in August.i didn’t see or hear of any hunters in 7-42D getting an animal. Several elk were spotted, cows and one 5x5 in 42D, no moose. Some hunters just drove the trail, others went high, went low. Got wet and got cold to no avail.
    on the bright side I did meet several quality individuals over the two weeks.
    i hope the Bison move up or in or anywhere where you can take one, again good luck and be safe

Quote Originally Posted by Markavery View Post
    Good luck
    we just came back from 42C, 12 days in the Bush with no success, one animal was taken from there on day two of the opening by two hunters that had done their homework in August.i didn’t see or hear of any hunters in 7-42D getting an animal. Several elk were spotted, cows and one 5x5 in 42D, no moose. Some hunters just drove the trail, others went high, went low. Got wet and got cold to no avail.
    on the bright side I did meet several quality individuals over the two weeks.
    i hope the Bison move up or in or anywhere where you can take one, again good luck and be safe
    Thanks for taking the time to update! I'm hoping that enough people give updates so the hunters heading up this week and over the next few months have some kind of success! I'm also hoping that the cold that is finally showing up brings the bison down into the valley a bit more. Fingers crossed.

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

I just spent 14 days in 742D and can attest that aside from one with Sikanni Outfitters across the river near one of their blinds, and one up past Trimble, no bison were taken and very few even seen. Need some snow to get them moving!!
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Has anybody learned of ANY bison taken out of 7-42D? We did our damndest with 8 days inside the zone but nothing but photos to bring home.

You did your part. You brought money up there. Government loves you.

There was a group camped at Duhu Lake that pulled one out of D first week of October. They are in there somewhere but the weather kept them hiding deep. We struggled to see any game. Nothing moving in that area.