Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunting soft shell jackets

Re: Hunting soft shell jackets

I love my Kuiu guide jacket. I used it in pretty decent rain and it stayed dry, also I found it was excellent in the wind, not sure why my experience differs from above, but I had great luck and highly recommend it.

Bumping this up...anyone have experience with both the jet stream and the guide dcs? I’m looking for an “all around” kind of jacket to replace my underarmour speed freak jacket. Basically I’m looking for something that is water resistant, I can layer under and is breathable. I have a kuiu peloton 240 which is awesome, I recently layered it over some cheap Costco merino and under my underarmour jacket, I was surprisingly warm in -23 temps. If I can replicate that with something slightly warmer and lighter as a top layer I’ll be happy.

Had both the Jetstream and Guide, went with the Axis hybrid over them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank grimes View Post
    Looking for a jacket that I can wear over a base layer or my wool sweater or puffy when needed. Something to provide some weather protection from light to medium rain and wind, and is somewhat packable. I don’t think I want a full out hard shell jacket, I already have some stretchy hh rain gear that I’m happy with.
    I like the looks of some of the hunting brand jackets like the Sitka Jetstream or Kuiu guide. I’m open to mountaineering brands too, as most hunting brands are expensive to get across the border. Camo isn’t a concern.
    what do you use for a jacket? What do you suggest?

I really love my First Lite Catalyst Soft-shell jacket. Plenty comfortable and warm. I usually wear a grid fleece under it and it's perfect.