Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 bison hunt

Re: 2020 bison hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Dustee View Post
    I ended up getting a map with the detailed trails sent to me, and it looks like if you're going through Sikanni, the trail ends about 500M into zone C. On the Halfway side of things, the trail ends about 2km from zone C. In theory, from the things I've read, you can get into zone C on Sikanni and be into the Bison. I'm up there in Zone D for the same timeframe. I'm more than happy to share any info I have on animals I find in Zone C if I'm in a different part than you are.
    That would be awesome. Just messaged you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustee View Post
    I got the map from McElhanney. They are good maps, and the gentleman who you end up talking to named Steve is a wealth of information on the area.
    Which office did you get the maps from Dustee?
    I know the Pink Mountain/Blueberry Ranch LEH area like the back of my hand because we have been there 4 times now but with the Zone Change this year, We want to try the Northern area of Zone D for something new. I have not ventured in the northern region so doing my homework and going to go up and snoop around for 4 days at the end of the month. Trying to located the best maps possible!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PGFullMonty View Post
    Which office did you get the maps from Dustee?
    I know the Pink Mountain/Blueberry Ranch LEH area like the back of my hand because we have been there 4 times now but with the Zone Change this year, We want to try the Northern area of Zone D for something new. I have not ventured in the northern region so doing my homework and going to go up and snoop around for 4 days at the end of the month. Trying to located the best maps possible!
    Thanks
    We got ours from McElhanney Fort St. John office in 2016, I think it was 50ish dollars shipped. It's a fantastic map and I would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks... I'll check it out here and see what I can come up with!!

Oh, and I talked to vern who runs the pink mountain ranch yesterday. He got the go ahead from the chief to rent the cabins out if anyone is interested in hunting the halfway Valley. He said they are not renting the cabins out yet but will be soon!

Hello everyone. Sorry for the late join at this discussion but we need some help.
    We managed to win a LEH Bison group hunt in region 7-42D starting October 16.
    All the persons in my group are like deers in the headlight...we have no idea where to go except to reach Pink Mountain.
    We plan on going with 2 toy haulers with a couple of ATV.
    Does anyone know to give us some indication where we can camp on 7-42D?
    I read about this airstrip but we have no Idea where and how to get there.
    Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    Also we are willing to rent some cabin if there are in the area of 7-42D but I can't find any information regarding this because we are 0% familiar with the area. The furthest north we ever been was Hudson Hope and that's about 250km short of our hunting area.
    So again if anyone has some info that could help us with be greatly appreciated .
    Thanks you very much again.

Hmm ! First post but being a member for 6 years WTH ?? RJ

What does it matter how many posts anyone hase....just asking for some help from helpful peoples.....

WoW ! 2 posts Now in 6 years ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by OctavianP View Post
    What does it matter how many posts anyone hase....just asking for some help from helpful peoples.....
    I think RemJim is referring to a trade-off... after all, one hand washes the other.