Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Urgent notice to bc hunters

Re: Is are government making close door deals to make all the crown land indigenous

I think there is some confusion from the new chapter, in that it says that most of BC is either reserve, treaty land or "traditional territory".

It then says that hunters will almost always be on someone's reserve, treaty lands or traditional territory.

That's been interpreted by some (in my opinion incorrectly) as there being no more crown land, but I think that comes from the inclusion of the term "traditional territory".

Reserves and title lands are not crown land, and should probably be thought of as private property.

Traditional territory is a different thing. It isn't a legal thing. More than 100% of BC is claimed as one nation or another's traditional territory.

For now I think it's safe to say you don't need permission to hunt traditional territory unless it's also either reserve or treaty/title lands. That's still most of BC.

However, as land claims are settled we will lose crown land and access to it, so keep paying attention.

I'll addd that these concerns are not being ignored, but there isn't always a lot that we can do (we lack a bunch of power and tools).
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Re: Is are government making close door deals to make all the crown land indigenous

All that said, if the question is "Is govt making behind closed door deals with Fns?" I think the answer is "I bet they are, and will continue to do so".
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Re: Urgent notice to bc hunters

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    What makes you think that is not already happening??

Nog
    Yup happening right now !

If any one wants to know how twisted the "church of woke social justice" as i call them are........have a look inside their ideology through this mandatory city of Seattle course for white employees for "undoing their whiteness". "The goal is to teach them how they have "complicity in the system of white supremacy" and must be held "accountable to Black, Indigenous, and People of Color."
    seriously, you need to understand this in the context of land giveaways to know the types currently in the drivers seat......this ideology has more and more permeated the west, city councils, governments.

"The City of Seattle held a training session for white employees called “Interrupting Internalized Racial Superiority and Whiteness.”So I did a public records request to find out exactly what this means. Let's go through it together in this thread.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...846653953.html

You think people guided by this ^ realm of ideology won't be happy to hand over your backcountry?
    Last edited by Sirloin; 07-07-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloin View Post
    People really need to speak up.
    Get their MPs involved. get lawyers.

NOW

there are cult of social justice politicians willing to give up anything on behalf of their woke justice missions...
    Why would anyone do any of this? If recent events have thought us anything, is that we should riot, loot, and kill to get our way. That seems to work?????
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

Quote Originally Posted by Mulies View Post
    government giving away my freedoms behind my back.
    opposed to what? Taking theirs away in the first place?

So you read an article, that was posted... on what? Facebook? Yeah that’s a reliable source of accurate information.
    Last edited by PressurePoint; 07-07-2020 at 07:32 PM.
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!

Quote Originally Posted by RugDoctor View Post
    Why would anyone do any of this? If recent events have thought us anything, is that we should riot, loot, and kill to get our way. That seems to work?????
    Only works when those in power share your ideology

Yeah will wait until they try to enforce it...SWHTF....If you poke the lion enough times it will eat you!!

Could get scary!

Just hunt anyways.
    I do find it beyond bizarre that the Government in this Country, whether Federal or Provincial...can even begin to talk down to its Citizens about how racist we are and we need to change our thinking. When this Racism that they search for and find in its Citizenry, is actually inherent in the very institution's that we call Government.

well, all the first nations and their woke supporters should, as the old saying goes....."be careful what they wish for"

I have ALWAYS been a follower of the rules in general, but especially when it comes to my hunting and fishing. Have things gotten progressively tougher in that regard? yup....but with a bit of hard work I can still put some salmon, halibut, moose, deer, bear etc in my freezer. My family came to north america in the very early 1600's and were involved in NATION BUILDING activities like surveying the first trans canada telegraph lines....when the day comes that they hand it all over to the FN's and tell me i'm no longer ALLOWED to feed my family in the way my family has done here for 400 years......well....i suppose i'll become a criminal. I suspect a HUGE number of folks just like me will as well and it will just become a free for all. Good luck trying to police the tens of thousands of miles of backroads in this province with a woefully understaffed and unmotivated C.O. service. If the bands figure i'm gonna go ask permission, and pay them a fee......not gonna happen.....but I WILL have game in my freezer one way or another.

JMO
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson