I think there is some confusion from the new chapter, in that it says that most of BC is either reserve, treaty land or "traditional territory".

It then says that hunters will almost always be on someone's reserve, treaty lands or traditional territory.

That's been interpreted by some (in my opinion incorrectly) as there being no more crown land, but I think that comes from the inclusion of the term "traditional territory".

Reserves and title lands are not crown land, and should probably be thought of as private property.

Traditional territory is a different thing. It isn't a legal thing. More than 100% of BC is claimed as one nation or another's traditional territory.

For now I think it's safe to say you don't need permission to hunt traditional territory unless it's also either reserve or treaty/title lands. That's still most of BC.

However, as land claims are settled we will lose crown land and access to it, so keep paying attention.

I'll addd that these concerns are not being ignored, but there isn't always a lot that we can do (we lack a bunch of power and tools).