Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Urgent notice to bc hunters

Re: Urgent notice to bc hunters

Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc View Post
    well, all the first nations and their woke supporters should, as the old saying goes....."be careful what they wish for"

I have ALWAYS been a follower of the rules in general, but especially when it comes to my hunting and fishing. Have things gotten progressively tougher in that regard? yup....but with a bit of hard work I can still put some salmon, halibut, moose, deer, bear etc in my freezer. My family came to north america in the very early 1600's and were involved in NATION BUILDING activities like surveying the first trans canada telegraph lines....when the day comes that they hand it all over to the FN's and tell me i'm no longer ALLOWED to feed my family in the way my family has done here for 400 years......well....i suppose i'll become a criminal. I suspect a HUGE number of folks just like me will as well and it will just become a free for all. Good luck trying to police the tens of thousands of miles of backroads in this province with a woefully understaffed and unmotivated C.O. service. If the bands figure i'm gonna go ask permission, and pay them a fee......not gonna happen.....but I WILL have game in my freezer one way or another.

JMO
    Well said, I haven't been here nearly that long but will not let my rights taken by FN and the government stooges.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

https://canadiansforfairnessandtransparency.ca/

A small group of us in the Chilcotin have had enough, care to ante up and join?

^^^^I will, we have to do something....what is their plan/strategy to fight the FN takeover?

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    does anyone think now that we have lost out on the UN seat things might change again?
    I sure hope so...I don't anticipate anymore suck azz moves by the pm, but what individual premiers (especially) Horgan may differ. I hope he doesn't go all soft and start handing money and titles.

^^^^well that's just moronic......

He asked for a banning so I delivered!!
    Last edited by Steeleco; 07-08-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Outlaw it is. I will become a trespasser and poacher. Locked gates will be solved by a battery powered angle grinder. I will hunt. Period

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Wonder if fishing will be the same as that will strike a chord in way more people?
    It’s happening. Chinook closures in the strait of Georgia.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    Outlaw it is. I will become a trespasser and poacher. Locked gates will be solved by a battery powered angle grinder. I will hunt. Period
    Well that's just great you chose the, 'wait until the worst happens and then say F U, reckless route'

I'm sure your hunts will be a great time every time you go out risking trespassing, criminal offenses and risking losing your license and firearms, massive fines....

I'm sure new generations of hunters will be thrilled to get into it.

Any thoughts for your kids, grand kids, legacy for other Canadians losing their shared public lands?

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    https://canadiansforfairnessandtransparency.ca/

A small group of us in the Chilcotin have had enough, care to ante up and join?
    This is great! step in the right direction, standing up for ourselves.

Yukon Supreme Court rules against Kaska Dena Council in hunting consultation case

The KDC is itself not a First Nation, but a society headquartered in Lower Post, B.C., with a membership consisting of individuals of Kaska descent. It is currently negotiating a land claim with British Columbia and has previously acted on behalf of one or more of the four Kaska First Nations, including in negotiations and consultations with the Yukon government.
    https://www.yukon-news.com/news/yuko...ultation-case/

Kaska Dena Council not a rights-bearing group, YG argues in hunting consultation lawsuit

In her submissions, however, Cairns said that KDC is not a communal rights-bearing group like a First Nation, but rather, is a collection of individuals from different bands who joined KDC for different reasons. Over the years, the KDC has had a shifting definition of who it represents,
    https://www.yukon-news.com/news/kask...ation-lawsuit/
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole