Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alberta draw results are out today

Re: Alberta draw results are out today

Right on! I like hunting 530. I’ve pulled two nice bulls out of there the last two years. There’s plenty of guys who float the river looking for bulls and it seems to be pretty productive. I’m more of a land lubber. I like wearing out the soles of my boots all day.

Hopefully it works out for you guys.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Right on! I like hunting 530. I’ve pulled two nice bulls out of there the last two years. There’s plenty of guys who float the river looking for bulls and it seems to be pretty productive. I’m more of a land lubber. I like wearing out the soles of my boots all day.

Hopefully it works out for you guys.
    I got a good buddy into his first bull last year floating the river. This will be the fifth year in a row I’ve been part of a moose hunt in 530. We are 4 straight now for eater bulls.

530 can be a great WMU if you know where to go. But guys that get a draw thinking they can just cruise the roads and shoot one from the truck or sxs go away disappointed. There’s like 3 roads in the whole area and miles of Muskeg. And the river is not a sure bet either. Lots of disposable income up here and every second driveway has a jet boat in it. Add the fact that there are a lot of people originally from Newfoundland who grew up moose hunting and still do it and the fall can be a busy time out in the bush.

Yeah, I hear you. I don’t see anybody where I hunt, because there’s no moose there. Lol Now that you mention it there’s no roads there either. Maybe that’s why. I steer clear of muskeg and people.

good luck to you.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.