Thread: Water levels around Muncho/Stone Mountain Park

Water levels around Muncho/Stone Mountain Park

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the current water levels at some of the major rivers crossings right now? I'm curious about the Toad, Yedhe, McDonald Creek, Wokkpash, Racing River, Tetsa etc. Hows the snow pack looking? Any guess on where the river levels might be in 3 weeks?

I'd planned on a scouting trip up into the region about now, but my wife's work schedule is preventing it.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Water levels around Muncho/Stone Mountain Park

You'd think they have to be bank to bank with all the rain NE BC has received lately.

https://wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/google_...ce&province=BC

Most all of them are impassible right now, high water this year is nuts. A guy would certainly risk drowning crossing just about any of those waters right now. Seen a video of the racing river just thundering the other day..

All the northern rivers are running high,,Kledo Creek boat launch is closed
    BCWF
    WSSOBC-Life Member

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Just watching the news this morning they were saying most rivers peaking today or tomorrow and decreasing daily from there.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

its amazing how quickly they rise two and somehow stay up. if you cross any of those be prepared to stay the night or two on the othere sided lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    You'd think they have to be bank to bank with all the rain NE BC has received lately.

https://wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/google_...ce&province=BC
    Thanks for the link, I'll use that to keep an eye in the water levels.

I was a little worried about the late snow melt but the amount of rain has made me seriously reconsider my plans. Unfortunately every option I had planned for a sheep hunt involved a river crossing. I guess its back to the Google Earth to find a new zone.
    Last edited by tdot; 07-08-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Last year, after the heavy snow that hit (which is likely a little less rain than we have had so far this year...) we came reasonably close to drowning a horse on the last river crossing. After I was already into it my partner noticed the saddle and gear hanging in the tree just off the edge of the river. The guys that went in the day before us came a lot closer than we did to drowning a short horse...

I know a few guys that were in across rivers that they crossed when they were only *almost* too much for the horses, and then it rained. Lots of guys got stuck on the way out and spent days waiting for the rivers to drop.

So far this season has been above normal for precipitation. This year isn't the year to f*ck around with big crossings.
    Last edited by KodiakHntr; 07-08-2020 at 11:18 AM.

We are planning a trip to region 6. It has one good river crossing I’m guessing the water level is high that way also. I’m considering being a flotation device to use if needed.