Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Regulation Change "precision guided firearm"

Re: Help with Regulation Change "precision guided firearm"

Quote Originally Posted by Retiredguy View Post
    It's a good thing they got this regulation in place as I am sure there are thousands of hunters in BC that are just waiting to drop 20K on one of the new remote systems. Nothing like looking for reasons to put new laws in place before it is ever demonstrated that there is a problem, cuz God knows we don't have enough laws right now.

This makes me think that the Provincial Hunting and Trapping Advisory Team are digging for ways to justify their existence. For next year they better get cracking on new regs to prohibit disrupter beams and laser rifles as the US military is gaining ground on those and I am sure they will be in an easy to carry size soon.
    That's one way of looking at it. However technology always gets cheaper and better so I think they are just staying ahead of the game. In my opinion it's definitely not fair chase so might as well make it illegal now and save someone a few bucks.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Frankly, I would not mind to have all Electronics enhancing a Shooting device banned for hunting purposes.

Hunting should not become a match of ever more sophisticated electronics against an Animal.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Dog View Post
    At least the Trudeau cabinet hasn't prohibited my phased plasma rifle.
    thats because its phased, you have to pull the trigger for each phase pulse. Its the auto phasing plasma rifles that will be on the next list.

If you pull the trigger its legal. There was a lot of chatter about rangefinders being banned but calmer heads have prevailed. The sig bdx and burris eliminator are still legal. These systems are really no different than a turret scope or a ballistic reticle. They do give you an aiming point but like any system they require a large amount of time and bullets shot to set up the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Dog View Post
    Set triggers are already banned for hunting (I think).

*A set trigger allows you to reduce the pull to hair trigger, usually by pushing it forward. It's used in competition to keep the trigger pull relatively safe until on target.

You would be incorrect there.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    Frankly, I would not mind to have all Electronics enhancing a Shooting device banned for hunting purposes.

Hunting should not become a match of ever more sophisticated electronics against an Animal.

Cheers
    Which makes it a shame that spear hunting is illegal now. 400 000 year old technology rendered illegal by the stroke of a pen over something that is a non issue.
    As a spear hunter who truly enjoys the challenge of closing to less than 10 yards on the ground after spring bears I am deeply saddened that this spring was the last one with spear in hand.