Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8-09 sheep draw

Re: 8-09 sheep draw

Does anyone know of a good place in summerland/Peach you can launch a boat and park overnight?

They both have good ramps, peachland will be better for overnight parking. Also the provincial campground is in between summerland and peachland has a good launch you will have to pay for parking but it’s cheap.

Perfect il check that put. Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Moosehead01 View Post
    Perfect il check that put. Thanks for the help
    Take lots pf pics for US ! Good LUCK and i hope you get a AWESOME Ram ! RJ

Have you been scouting? I know a few of the tag holders in the past have done the boat thing but knowing those herds well and having been on the hunt myself, it wouldn't be what I based my hunt around. South end of the park and low-mid elevation is where you'll find the vast majority of sheep. Happy to help if needed.

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

That is a beauty Ram, do you know what the age count was? I'm getting confused at the bases for a count but seeing a 9 or 10 year old i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Have you been scouting? I know a few of the tag holders in the past have done the boat thing but knowing those herds well and having been on the hunt myself, it wouldn't be what I based my hunt around. South end of the park and low-mid elevation is where you'll find the vast majority of sheep. Happy to help if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    That is a beauty Ram, do you know what the age count was? I'm getting confused at the bases for a count but seeing a 9 or 10 year old i think.
    I'm going to say 8.5 on that guy, broomed his first year and a half. That first annuli I'd say is 2.5. Interested to see what the CI had him at though.

Beauty Ram!
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Few false in there but we had him comfortably at 10 and were pretty confident there was an 11th in there. CI came in at 11 as well.

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Wow, I was way off. What a beauty of a ram!
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Was in the OP's draw unit today and found a couple shooters. One real dandy and in a spot the outfitter doesn't spend any time in...