Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8-09 sheep draw

8-09 sheep draw

Got myself a 8-09 sheep hunt in the park this year for sept 1-30, any available advice would be greatly appreciated! Been putting in for a very long time didn't ever think I'd get it

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 8-09 sheep draw

Get a boat and look from the water first, then hike the canyon trail. Probably come across them as some point.

Perfect kinda what i was thinking, not sure how big the heard is ATM

From what I was told water can be tough to find so pack lots.

Water in Okanagan mountain park in the fall is very scarce. There are three lakes up on top, but you will not likely ever need to get up there. Get a boat, put in at the Peachland launch and bomb across. If you want to camp, Commando bay is good and the trails connect to it. Glass from the water or as a previous poster mentioned, hike the wild horse canyon trail. If you don't have a boat, there is a good trail off the end of Lakeshore road that wraps into wildhorse canyon. The sheep are a lot harder to find in recent years due to the growth, but the recent fire 2-3 years back may be a good place to start. In early fall you almost certainly will run into hikers on the trail during the weekends. We camped right at the mouth of the canyon one year and had two rams smashing heads right before dark. It was pretty cool. Congrats on the tag. Good luck.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Great! not sure where the fire was but with a little bit of scouting im sure that wont be hard to find. How is the hike in at the naramata side?

lots of private property from the naramata side , you could come in from the parks parking lot though .. I would use a boat and come across from peachland.. The outfitters cabin up there is probably empty also, make yourself at home!! there are some cranker rams in there .good luck
    I can tell ya, but you know I' ll be lying to you!!!!

Once in a life time draw....go all out. Good luck

Should be a lot of fun, cant wait!

Spend the time and find a thumper

Jealous ......

Congrats !!!