Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: If You Spot a Rifle in the Bush...?

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Re: If You Spot a Rifle in the Bush...?

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    That's a shame. I'm sure a new hunter or somebody would have appreciated it.
    I'm guessing you're all for turning your guns in too...
    Holy?!!! Read my posts much? What a F$%ckin knob thing to say?? I didn't want someone else's gun, so I'm am anti gun/liberal supporter? Who the phuck do you think you are?? I didn't want a worn out piece of crap gun, that would probably blew up in a new persons face!! Way to assume A$$ Hat!! Wasn't mine, was someone else's, let the cops deal with the paper work moosin
    Last edited by moosinaround; 07-04-2020 at 07:15 AM.
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Holy?!!! Read my posts much? What a F$%ckin knob thing to say?? I didn't want someone else's gun, so I'm am anti gun/liberal supporter? Who the phuck do you think you are?? I didn't want a worn out piece of crap gun, that would probably blew up in a new persons face!! Way to assume A$$ Hat!! Wasn't mine, was someone else's, let the cops deal with the paper work moosin
    I don't normally get involved with this sort of behaviour...but that's a great response 'mooseinaround'!

Some really bad advice here:

If you find a firearm you are required to turn it into the police, by law. Period.

if you are found in possession of a firearm that was reported lost or stolen, you are considered in possession of stolen property and illegally in possession of a firearm. Think about that for your PAL.

If you lost a gun, start a police file. Decent chance you’ll get it back. And if the gun is ever used in a crime , you’re in the clear.

And no, it doesn’t matter what you think is right or common sense, unless you are the presiding judge.
    Last edited by Ambush; 07-04-2020 at 08:11 AM.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    I was finishing clearing out a plugged culvert while bear hunting this spring, and while leaned way over pulling the last few sticks out, I felt my chest pocket get lighter, and heard a little splash into the now-roaring little stream. Yup, it was my clipazine, and 3 rounds. Gone. Gravel was washing downstream in a hurry at that point, with some precious metal in the mix.

Phil Phil Phil ! Sorry for your $100 Lost ! RJ

Brothers-in-law shot a moose, excitedly placed my rifle on the front tire of my truck. Drove back to camp to get gear. Gutted, quartered and in the truck 3 hours later, where’s my rifle? Pure elation to sick to my stomach. Went back to the spot on the road, gone.
    A guy had drove down the road and did a unturn when he got to us. No hellos, congrats, nothing because he had my rifle. Reported it stolen to rcmp. Couple days later driving home get a call from rcmp, someone thought better of possessing a stolen firearm. (Gun registration days) Came back for another hunt and picked it up with a couple character scratches on the stock. Lol.
    Wont make that mistake again
    Hunt, Enjoy, Repeat

Thanks Ambush, this is the only option if finding a rifle. If you find or lose a firearm you contact the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post

If you find a firearm you are required to turn it into the police, by law. Period.

if you are found in possession of a firearm that was reported lost or stolen, you are considered in possession of stolen property and illegally in possession of a firearm. Think about that for your PAL.

If you lost a gun, start a police file. Decent chance you’ll get it back. And if the gun is ever used in a crime , you’re in the clear.

And no, it doesn’t matter what you think is right or common sense, unless you are the presiding judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post

Seems like you should post a link to the relevant law. Otherwise yours is just another post by a random dude that may or may not have a clue what he’s talking about. I’m not saying your wrong, just that if you are claiming everyone else IS wrong, show us the law so we can be educated.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Marginal note:Losing or finding

• 105 (1) Every person commits an offence who

• (a) having lost a prohibited firearm, a restricted firearm, a non-restricted firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device, any prohibited ammunition, an authorization, a licence or a registration certificate, or having had it stolen from the person’s possession, does not with reasonable despatch report the loss to a peace officer, to a firearms officer or a chief firearms officer; or
      • (b) on finding a prohibited firearm, a restricted firearm, a non-restricted firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device or any prohibited ammunition that the person has reasonable grounds to believe has been lost or abandoned, does not with reasonable despatch deliver it to a peace officer, a firearms officer or a chief firearms officer or report the finding to a peace officer, a firearms officer or a chief firearms officer.

It’s called common sense. I can’t believe if someone finds a gun they think Facebook is an option before the Police. If the loser and finder think the same way then the gun will end up in the right home - I don’t need a fricken law to tell me the right thing to do , and neither should anyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Seems like you should post a link to the relevant law. Otherwise yours is just another post by a random dude that may or may not have a clue what he’s talking about. I’m not saying your wrong, just that if you are claiming everyone else IS wrong, show us the law so we can be educated.

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    It’s called common sense. I can’t believe if someone finds a gun they think Facebook is an option before the Police.
    Unfortunately, common sense is rather uncommon these days. The reason I suggested posting a link to the relevant law (thanks for that by the way), is to point out why this whole thread is stupid...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.