Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Spot a Rifle in the Bush...?

If You Spot a Rifle in the Bush...?

Didn't want to mess up the lost rifle thread, but...

If you see a rifle sitting against a tree (obviously not been there for years) do you leave in case the dude come back looking for it, or do you pick it up and take it to the RCMP and post on social media about finding it?

Honestly not sure what to do, but I wouldn't really want to run into someone with their rifle in my truck (or him/her see it in there while I am out for a hunt). Leave it and come back, knowing that there are too many un-honest people out there that are stealing shit and wouldn't turn it in?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: If You Spot a Rifle in the Bush...?

I would put it in my truck and drop it off for the cops to deal with. I'm not on social media except for here and if I was I would not post about it. The cops can sort it out.

i would not post it would take it and screen for posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    I would put it in my truck and drop it off for the cops to deal with. I'm not on social media except for here and if I was I would not post about it. The cops can sort it out.
    YUP ! this RJ

Hmm take it..and right to RCMP.
    IF i left it there might not find my way back to the same spot.
    I have a license to be in possession of a firearm..good to go
    Srupp

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

If I thought it was left there recently I would likely leave it alone in case the owner came back
    hoping to find it. Failing that, I would leave a obviously visible note explaining that I found it
    and was taking it into the nearest RCMP detachment.

Yeah take it and report. Or hang around for a few minutes in case he's taking a dump close by?

It happens. I know of one case where a guy leaned his rifle up against a tree while he was glassing an area. He moved along the ridge as he glassed and, when he went to get his rifle, he couldn't find it. Now, there are those who would say he was dumb as a sheep and it wouldn't happen to them and I'm sure he would have said the same thing before it happened to him. Anyway, he never did find the rifle. The next year though, someone else did find it. The stock was a bit ugly, by then, but the metal was, surprisingly enough, OK. The finder took the rifle to fellow who knew both guys and paid him to put a glass stock on it. He told about finding the rifle and the stocker, who knew the guy who lost the rifle, told him about it. So it was that the finder and the loser, who knew one another, got into a hell of a row with the stocker caught in the middle. I thought the rifle should have been returned to the original owner but I was only an onlooker. GD

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    If you see a rifle sitting against a tree (obviously not been there for years) do you leave in case the dude come back looking for it, or do you pick it up and take it to the RCMP
    Yes. Call and let them know you're coming. Leave the firearm in the vehicle when you go to get the Officer.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Exactly boxhitch. Leave a note. If they contact you and can describe the rifle, they get it. If not, wait for the next caller. Unless you don’t have a PAL, there is no reason to take it to the cops.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.