Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Spot a Rifle in the Bush...?

Re: If You Spot a Rifle in the Bush...?

Well if it was a tikka, I’d do the guy a favour and throw in the nearest lake.

if it was something nice, I would try to give it back to the rightful owner via rcmp

[QUOTE=bigredchev;2184831]Well if it was a tikka, I’d do the guy a favour and throw in the nearest lake.

LOL azzehole ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by bigredchev View Post

if it was something nice, I would try to give it back to the rightful owner via rcmp
    Where's the like button?
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

We were driving around in a friend's Jeep Wrangler when I looked around in the Jeep and said"where's my rifle?". It was the kind of day where we would drive a bit, walk a bit, drive a bit, walk a bit. I had put my rifle on top of the Jeep at the last stop and gotten in leaving it on top.

We stopped and I got out - the rifle was still on the roof. Hadn't moved at all.

I'd try to leave a note and phone number and keep it safe.

nothing goes on the roof or leaned against a vehicle EVER!..i might hang the sling over the side mirror but never do I lean it...ive lost a few pairs of shades and a few coffee cups off the roof to learn that lesson..

^^ I know a jackass who lost his travel wallet full of his family's passports, birth certificates and drivers licenses while leaving the airport parking lot in Sydney Australia, by putting it on the roof and driving away.

Yes, I'm not too proud of that - and I then spent 5 straight days in the Canadian consulate office arranging for emergency replacement passports. Could be worse I suppose.. the movie Raising Arizona comes to mind with the baby on the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    nothing goes on the roof or leaned against a vehicle EVER!..i might hang the sling over the side mirror but never do I lean it...ive lost a few pairs of shades and a few coffee cups off the roof to learn that lesson..
    I did that with my daughters new colouring books and crayons that I just bought her as a treat. She was sad and that made me sad

Quote Originally Posted by bigredchev View Post

LMAO funny you say that, I keep finding Tikka mags lost in the bush, 5 in all, in completely different areas of the province at that. Last one just outside Bill's puddle 3 weeks agi while taking a road break driving dads Jeep back to the Boundary. That one (30.06) was spray painted hi-vis orange on the plastic base plate lol, and still got lost poor bugger. That being said anyone lose any tikka mags?
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

No one who hunts with a clip rifle ever admits losing there there clip (magazine)

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    LMAO funny you say that, I keep finding Tikka mags lost in the bush, 5 in all, in completely different areas of the province at that. Last one just outside Bill's puddle 3 weeks agi while taking a road break driving dads Jeep back to the Boundary. That one (30.06) was spray painted hi-vis orange on the plastic base plate lol, and still got lost poor bugger. That being said anyone lose any tikka mags?
    I've never lost a mag out of mine, but do carry a spare. Are the newer ones less quality or something? I picked up a 7mag t3 lite about a decade ago and it prints about roughly .5 of a inch with handloads. Not sure why the hate for them lol.

If I found a rifle in the bush, I'd do my best to find it's owner via SM or forums. I'm not taking it to the cops though. Hate to get someone in shit for a honest mistake. Nobody is immune from mistakes after all.