Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 45.70 optics?

45.70 optics?

Ok. Who puts a scope on thier 45.70. Just acquired one from this site and debating if I should scope it or just practice more with open sights

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 45.70 optics?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07039F7D-7E3A-4629-8997-A30215178F59.jpg 
Views:	828 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	7962  
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

This scope http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...ex-Rifle-Scope would be a great scope for a 45-70 the red dot has 10 different brightness settings, gets you on the target real quick.. Leopold VX-r scopes will do the same thing.

I use a combination of an XS Ghost Ring and a Leupold 2-7x33 depending on what I'm doing with the gun. I really like both options.
    Don't have it set up with quick-release mounts but just swap it season to season depending on my intentions.

I've used red dot sights and cant stand them personally. Much prefer a low power scope with duplex reticle.

I’m running a Skinner peep for tight stuff, and have a quick detach mount for a Nikon 1-4x for 100 yards and up. The scope goes on and/or off in seconds and holds a zero every time.

My 1895GS just runs Ranger Point Precision fibre optic Cloverleaf on the rear and a skeletonized factory hood over fibre optic on the front.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I have my peep sight dialed in and use a scout scope with quick detach mounts as well.

Bush whacking I like open sights. Field hunting I wish I had a scope. Low light open sights suck. Especially on a big black bear.
    Buy the best low light scope you can afford. A 100 or 200 yard shot doesn't need a z-z X 56 power scope.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Bush whacking I like open sights. Field hunting I wish I had a scope. Low light open sights suck. Especially on a big black bear.
    Buy the best low light scope you can afford. A 100 or 200 yard shot doesn't need a z-z X 56 power scope.
    This is exactly why I’m running a peep with a QD scope. Peep for quick and close, slap the scope on in 10 seconds for that “oh, there’s one across the slash” type shots.

Skinner peep for me
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    Skinner peep for me
    Did you go with the Express? I have those on both my Henrys, and his LoPro II on my 336BL. My 1895 GS is wearing RPP.