Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California bighorn 3-32G tips and tricks... sorry in advance

California bighorn 3-32G tips and tricks... sorry in advance

As the great Ice-T once said: “Don’t hate the player, hate the game.”
    Well last year I won the Caribou lottery but this year was a bit spectacular. I pulled off a trifecta of wins: In this corner, BC’s smallest LEH critter, weighing in at approximately 15-20 lbs, the region 4 Turkey. In the other corner, BC’s largest LEH critter, weighing in at 1500-2000 lbs, the region 7 Bison!

And finally. The main event!
    I pulled the 3-32G Fraser River Cali bighorn sheep!

I have talked to a couple folks and read what I can find on biology and history but need some local help.
    I understand that most successful hunters glass from the east bank first light and try to find some sheep. They then jump on the ferry, drive to the last known drainage and go to work.
    Well being from the island we (probably 4 of us) need somewhere to set up the wall tent or travel trailer to stay. I thought I had settled on Schraeder Lake (West side), but now I see that the ferry doesn’t move until 7am. No bueno! I can’t seem to find anything on the east side as far as camping spots go. Something on the High Bar Road would be ideal of course, but anything even close would be great.
    If anyone can give me some help in this regard it would be much appreciated.
    And hey, while I am here I might as well ask the usual “can anyone help me kill a sheep” advise question too. I await the flurry of “x marks the spot” PMs in regards to camping spots and sheep locations. Haha!

Thanks guys!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: California bighorn 3-32G tips and tricks... sorry in advance

I hunted sheep west of the Fraser in the Yalakom, almost got one, but never tried near the river.
    Good luck and post up after your hunt.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

leave two guys on one side shooter and helper on other.. if you get one you may get 10-15 pack of meat each...good luck.

You will see Rams in the farmers alfalpha fields south of the ferry. Heard they charge something like $1500 dollars for a trespass fee to cross their land to get to where the Rams go once they leave the fields.

Bhb
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

^^^ this. We hunted my buddy’s ram for a week and finally he paid the 250 to hunt the farmers land. Upon cutting his tag he paid the remainder 750. Maybe the price has gone up in the last few years. Good luck
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Trespass fee and then a trophy fee ? Hope he at least got a kiss to go along with
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

What were the odds on this tag out of curiosity??

Quote Originally Posted by Goretzky View Post
    What were the odds on this tag out of curiosity??
    N/A .... because 3-32G was not open for LEH last season. You only had 3-32 C,D,E on last year's LEH.

Looks like "G" and "F" are the old 3-32C split in half. The odds for that one were 84.7:1
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 07-02-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    ^^^ this. We hunted my buddy’s ram for a week and finally he paid the 250 to hunt the farmers land. Upon cutting his tag he paid the remainder 750. Maybe the price has gone up in the last few years. Good luck
    Got pics of the ram he connected on? Was it ever posted? Would be sweet to see more of these Reg 3/8 LEH rams

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    N/A .... because 3-32G was not open for LEH last season.
    Odds will be posted on lucky winner's FWID profile
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004