Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Bear Hunting Vanderhoof

Black Bear Hunting Vanderhoof

Hi everyone,

I just moved to Vanderhoof in Feb and did some exploring this spring for black bear. Seen a lot south of town but always near private land. Can anyone recommend a good road to go down to do some hunting in the fall? Been all over Streigler pit road and saw 1 bear and surprisingly no deer or moose. It could due to the noise from the pipeline they are putting in.

Can anyone give me a good FSR to go down without a radio, for black bear? I'm strictly looking for black bear because I'm saving my moose and elk for my hunt later in the peace region.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Black Bear Hunting Vanderhoof

Talk to Mark at Omineca Sports.. he is also on this site. Todbartell

He will send you to his least productive area and you will see lots..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

black bear hunting west of vanderhouf is the best in the province.

Holy Cross, Kluskus, Kenny Dam and Marrilla use to be pretty good. Don't know what they are like now.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Lynum Road ! RJ

drove holy cross sept 4th was loaded in bears.. could have filled a dunp truck with bears.

how slow are you driving if road hunting? and how noisy is your truck?

i would recomend take above mentioned roads go 60-80 not 35 you know a boar is a boar cruise fast see bear pop one in the too whwn he looks like hulk hogan and shoot him then reload. first week of september there will be so many bears youll shake your head.
    30 in a day is not uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    drove holy cross sept 4th was loaded in bears.. could have filled a dunp truck with bears.
    But all small?
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

They like the WHEAT fields around VANDERHOOF ! RJ

Thanks everyone. The most productive day, I saw 4 bears down kenny dam road and surprisingly none down holy cross. All of them ran off before I got out. I usually do 60kms down the main roads and go really slow down side trails. I've only been hunting them in the last 2 weeks so maybe they are starting to wander away from the roads for now.

I'll try again in the fall. I drive a half ton gas so it's pretty quiet. I got a shot off on one bear down kenny dam road but missed. I was lucky though because after inspecting the site he was sitting at, there was garbage laying around everywhere. I had a clear shot on a 3 legged bear too, but since it would be my first one, I didn't want to tan something missing a leg.