Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Regulations 2020-2022

Re: Regulations 2020-2022

What about natural licks that have been around before any of you were born ,,the deer elk come into these natural licks and lick the ground
    pass on any disease to other animals there not going to stop the spread of Mad cow disease or other but by putting in place the law of no
    baiting will definitely slow down and diseases passed on by others..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 07-13-2020 at 12:01 PM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    What about natural licks that have been around before any of you were born ,,the deer elk come into these natural licks and lick the ground
    pass on any disease to other animals there not going to stop the spread of Mad cow disease or other but by putting in place the law of no
    baiting will definitely slow down and diseases passed on by others..
    Or... Maybe by less licks being put out, due to legislation, could it not make the critters congregate more at the natural licks?

Who knows? and how could you study that?
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Or... Maybe by less licks being put out, due to legislation, could it not make the critters congregate more at the natural licks?

Who knows? and how could you study that?
    As you know Mike there is no way to steady over a natural licks unless you put up a trail cam or have someone monitoring the natural lick 24,7 and we know that this won't happen..

I have a trail cam that has been in place now for 9 years its over a natural lick I found this lick when in the forest hunting I just checked my trail cam last week the cam has been out working now for the past month ,,I had 15 thousand pictures on the cam over the time its been out the salt had been gone for over a week so go figure meaning so many deer are licking this natural lick without any salt blocks.
    Like I said earlier on my post is the new law in place is only going to slow down the spread of any disease caused by passing of Slava but won't stop the spread intirley..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 07-13-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

There are many new additions to the hunting regulations in BC this year hunters need to be aware of.

In Kootenay Region 4 one of the changes reads,

"It is unlawful to intentionally feed or
    bait ungulates or turkeys in the Kootenay
    Region, except under permit."

We have confirmed that this means that it will be unlawful to hunt over old baited areas (i.e., human-made salt/mineral bait stations) created prior to the 2020 hunting season. So, prior to the start of the September early archery season if you have a tree stand over an old salt site it will be unlawful to hunt over it this year. This applies to private and public land."

https://www.facebook.com/14306463769...1688190222052/

I believe this will take a violation ticket and a court challenge to be truly factual.

There is no statement in the regulations that make it unlawful to hunt over bait for ungulates. It is just unlawful to bait. How can it be unlawful if it is not stated in the regulation itself or the synopsis?

I think the ban may have been approved prior to the enforcement end being thought through.

I deal with legislation every day.

Enforcement is done based on the " intent of the law", not tge "interpretation " of the law.

I found this on the last page of the current Wildlife Act (340/82). Note, that it is not clearly articulated in the synopsis. Anyway, it's the law. Please, correct me if I am wrong.
    Source: http://www.quickscribe.bc.ca/secure/pdfs/208.pdf

Division 23 – Baiting and Feeding
    (ADD) Jul01/20 Definitions for this Division
    23.01 In this Division:"bait" means anything, including meat, cereal, cultivated crops, a restrained animal or any manufactured product or material, that may attract wildlife, but does not include a decoy;"management unit" or "MU" means an area designated as a management unit by the Management Unit Regulation, B.C. Reg. 64/96;"Region 4" means the area within M.U.s 4-1 to 4-9 and 4-14 to 4-40.[en. B.C. Reg. 169/2020, App. 7.]
    (ADD) Jul01/20 No baiting or feeding
    23.02A person who, in Region 4, intentionally baits or feeds a turkey or an ungulate commits an offence. [en. B.C. Reg. 169/2020, App. 7.][Provisions of the Wildlife Act, RSBC 1996, c. 488, relevant to the enactment of this regulation: sections 1(1)and 108]

You are correct. It says you can not intentionally place bait. It does not say you can not hunt over an existing (2019).

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    You are correct. It says you can not intentionally place bait. It does not say you can not hunt over an existing (2019).
    That is your opinion. Have you talked to the CO Service to see what they have to say?
    Apparently this fellow did.
    "We have confirmed that this means that it will be unlawful to hunt over old baited areas (i.e., human-made salt/mineral bait stations) created prior to the 2020 hunting season. So, prior to the start of the September early archery season if you have a tree stand over an old salt site it will be unlawful to hunt over it this year. This applies to private and public land."

I dont need to talk to a CO understand that nowhere in legislation that you can not hunt over an old site.

Again "intent" vs "interpretation"...

The point i am trying to get across is the legislation is badly worded if they plan to enforce anyone hunting over an established salt lick, be it natural or man made

Lastly, the author of that piece The Hunter Conservationist is posting this, which may be his opinion based on what COs may have told him, but that is the interpretation end of the law. The intent of the law states different.
    Last edited by rocksteady; 07-28-2020 at 08:13 PM.