Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Regulations 2020-2022

Re: Regulations 2020-2022

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    I read the cell trail cam one as saying you can't use it for fall hunting between those dates.
    Seems pretty clear to me...
    And a step in the right direction!

I wonder if once the greens are not part of a minority govt and the ndp
    had a majority if regulations based on science would return. Doubt it but the liberals will not win the next election. All I can hope for is a majority NDP gov at
    this point.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Am I the only person bummed out that it is no longer legal to hunt a big game animal with anything other than a rifle, shotgun, muzzle loader or bow? I am actually serious... hear me out.

I mean, admittedly I can't even kill a deer with a rifle to save my life, but I always liked the idea of spear hunting some day. Now this is no longer a legal possibility.

Was spear hunting that much of a problem that animals were actually being injured / lost / wasted?

I wrote in about this regulation change requesting any sort of data supporting a need for the change. Never received a reply, so I am guessing the answer is just more feel-good political pandering (ie: make people thing there is a problem... bambi suffering... make being think you saved bambi... win votes, yay)
    Fairly certain you nailed it. For me, spring black bears are the ultimate spear hunting game animal.
    Spears are ridiculously effective when you think of them like ultra short range archery tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    I wonder if once the greens are not part of a minority govt and the ndp
    had a majority if regulations based on science would return. Doubt it but the liberals will not win the next election. All I can hope for is a majority NDP gov at
    this point.
    Gawd that's depressing...

It’s very depressing. Soon BC will be a hunting no go zone. Time to jump
    on the train going east.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

thanks for sharing, very helpfull

[QUOTE=rocksteady;2185396]No, i am saying it was put there legally, prior to the new reg, so it was legal then, and probably still us now, as long as no more salt is added.[/QUOTE

BUT OFFICER.....” I bought that pot when it was legal “. Why are you confiscating it and charging me??

It will be the same argument if your caught hunting over bait no matter when or who placed it.

[QUOTE=j270wsm;2185668]
    Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    No, i am saying it was put there legally, prior to the new reg, so it was legal then, and probably still us now, as long as no more salt is added.[/QUOTE

BUT OFFICER.....” I bought that pot when it was legal “. Why are you confiscating it and charging me??

It will be the same argument if your caught hunting over bait no matter when or who placed it.
    Hunting over bait for ungulates is legal.
    Last edited by rocksteady; 07-07-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

[QUOTE=j270wsm;2185668]
    Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    No, i am saying it was put there legally, prior to the new reg, so it was legal then, and probably still us now, as long as no more salt is added.[/QUOTE

That analogy is not correct. The rule does not speak to hunting. It speaks to baiting. There is no rule against hunting over bait. There is a rule starting July 1, 2020 on placing bait.

There is no ambiguity in this. The rule says what it says and you can't be prosecuted because of what you may have lawfully done in the past or someone else has illegally done in the present.

If it is illegal to bait, how can you hunt over bait?
    If there is bait and you are hunting over it, I'd say you're pooched.