Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Regulations 2020-2022

Re: Regulations 2020-2022

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Even without going to the Act, the regs state that its "unlawful to bait ungulates". Nothing nuanced about who places the bait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    agree and that's my take as well. Good luck to anyone trying to use the "honestly officer, it wasn't me" excuse when they get caught hunting reg4 deer or elk over bait "new/old or otherwise"
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzy View Post
    Under its unlawful:
    18. To intentionally feed or attempt to feeddangerous wildlife (cougar, coyote, wolfand bear), except when lawfully engaged inhunting or trapping where baiting is authorized (cougar, coyote and wolf only).
    Precisely why it is a stupid regulation
    Stupid regulations are those that cannot be clearly defined and therefore not properly enforced
    If the reg cannot be enforced in black and white terms with no grey area, it is a stupid reg and should never exist
    If a regulation exists just for the purpose of imposing some kind of ethic, the reason has to be questioned
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy View Post
    Under its unlawful:
    18. To intentionally feed or attempt to feeddangerous wildlife (cougar, coyote, wolfand bear), except when lawfully engaged inhunting or trapping where baiting is authorized (cougar, coyote and wolf only).
    That does not apply to ungulates....
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Precisely why it is a stupid regulation
    Stupid regulations are those that cannot be clearly defined and therefore not properly enforced
    If the reg cannot be enforced in black and white terms with no grey area, it is a stupid reg and should never exist
    If a regulation exists just for the purpose of imposing some kind of ethic, the reason has to be questioned
    The new regulation doesn't exist for the purpose of imposing an ethic. The baiting is to limit or prevent the spread of CWD. We do not want it to take hold in BC, and should be doing everything possible not to, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
    No baiting? No salt licks? Big change.
    where does it say that? I can't seem to find where it says no bait for ungulates, only dangerous game like bear and wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post
    where does it say that? I can't seem to find where it says no bait for ungulates, only dangerous game like bear and wolves.
    Only in Region 4..."It is unlawful to intentionally feed orbait ungulates or turkeys in the Kootenay
    Region, except under permit."

Page 48
    Last edited by rocksteady; 07-06-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Only in Region 4..."It is unlawful to intentionally feed orbait ungulates or turkeys in the Kootenay
    Region, except under permit."

Page 48
    Ah makes sense. I was only looking at general guidelines and region 7a, 7b and 6

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    The nuance is when the bait (salt) was placed.. Prior to the reg change or not
    No, that's not the nuance that he was talking about. He made it seem like if someone else placed the bait it was legal. Hell if thats the case I'll have someone place some bear baits for me and should work really well lol.

I know where I stand on all matters to fall under the law. Ill let the rest of people who want to hope for nuances in legislation play that game, which usually ends in jurisprudence for all anyways.
    Last edited by Rackmastr; 07-06-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    No, that's not the nuance that he was talking about. He made it seem like if someone else placed the bait it was legal. Hell if thats the case I'll have someone place some bear baits for me and should work really well lol.

I know where I stand on all matters to fall under the law. Ill let the rest of people who want to hope for nuances in legislation play that game, which usually ends in jurisprudence for all anyways.
    Exactly. I shake my head in embarrassment at some of the comments from "hunters".
    Why do some always look for an out or some technicality to not abide by the intent of a regulation???
    Last edited by huntingfamily; 07-06-2020 at 12:04 PM.

I think it is also being put in as a deterrant to urbanites. We have lots of people who feed deer and ducks in town. Right now its only a bylaw contravention, that the officer may or may not be confortable issuing a ticket.

The new legislation give CO powers to do the deed.

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    Exactly. I shake my head in embarrassment at some of the comments from "hunters".
    Why do some always look for an out or some technicality to not abide by the intent of a regulation???
    I have never had any success hunting elk for 3 years in the peace. I'm all for filling a tag using bait, but if it means CWD, I will gladly stop it. People need to remember that just like farming, hunting has 2 sides. In order for one to harvest, they must also cultivate. Let's not become the blood thirsty kill at all cost stereotypes that many non hunters make us out to be.