Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Regulations 2020-2022

Re: Regulations 2020-2022

exactly , mine too
    Time waits for no one, Hunt Now!

And now you have to spend $450 and 3 days to take the trapper course to snare hares. Brilliant.

The trail camera one needs to be clarified abased on the proposal (copied and pasted from proposal) below. The wording of using a cell trail camera " commits and offense while on a hunting expedition">>> does this mean you can leave them up until you go hunting take them down while hunting. Clear as mud!!

Proposed Regulations:
    Similar to current prohibitions related to drones and hunting:
    A person commits an offence if, while on a hunting expedition from August 1 to December 10, the person operates a wireless trail camera, has a wireless trail camera in their possession, or uses information obtained from a wireless trail camera for the purpose of hunting.

Rationale:
    This proposed regulation has been requested by the Provincial Hunting and Trapping Advisory Team. For more information on the process that led to the request refer to the “Additional Information” section at the bottom of this page.

Wireless trail cameras that send images of wildlife to a remote device provide a hunter with the location of wildlife outside the hunters’ vision or hearing and negate an animals natural ability to avoid detection. Hunting stakeholder representatives do not feel that this method of hunting aligns with the standards and ethics of fair hunting in B.C

I read the cell trail cam one as saying you can't use it for fall hunting between those dates.
    Seems pretty clear to me...

It says you can’t use information that comes from a camera with cell. So even if your buddy calls you up and says ‘dude, monster buck on my cam today’ and you go shoot it, you are in violation of the law....and your buddy is gonna be pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    It says you can’t use information that comes from a camera with cell. So even if your buddy calls you up and says ‘dude, monster buck on my cam today’ and you go shoot it, you are in violation of the law....and your buddy is gonna be pissed!
    So lets say your buddy driving on the road 2 miles from your t-cam happens to see a" monster buck "shots it , is he still in violation ?
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    And now you have to spend $450 and 3 days to take the trapper course to snare hares. Brilliant.
    Cost me $60.00 in the 80's 2 Days ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    So lets say your buddy driving on the road 2 miles from your t-cam happens to see a" monster buck "shots it , is he still in violation ?
    Definitely lots of grey area in this!

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Cost me $60.00 in the 80's 2 Days ! RJ
    The good old days! My kids are going to so disappointed, we had so much fun snowshoeing around to pick up bunnies in the morning. Hares aren’t even furbearers, so I don’t see why trapping licenses apply as long as you are using the right gauge and keeping the openings fist size.

I don't understand the one about firearms that can be activated electronically.

Is this an issue in other jurisdictions?
    Are they talking about a loaded gun on a stand somewhere that you can control with your joystick at home? (I know that was tried in Texas years ago)

I do remember years ago a prototype of an electronic gun came out. Cartridge was made of compressed powder with an electronically ignited "primer", can't remember the name of it though. Never got off the ground.

EDIT... went back through the proposed description and its more geared towards "hi tech optics"... The range finder/reticle interface. Why not just prohib the optics, rather than the firearm??
    Last edited by rocksteady; 07-03-2020 at 09:33 AM.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main