Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Regulations 2020-2022

Re: Regulations 2020-2022

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    I think it is also being put in as a deterrant to urbanites. We have lots of people who feed deer and ducks in town. Right now its only a bylaw contravention, that the officer may or may not be confortable issuing a ticket.

The new legislation give CO powers to do the deed.
    Will put a damper on the larger scale winter feeding programs for sure, which was an intended goal as I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Even without going to the Act, the regs state that its "unlawful to bait ungulates". Nothing nuanced about who places the bait.
    "Who" and "When" are key. For example, if Oliver placed the bait 2 months ago, he is not in breach of the reg because the rule does not apply retroactively and at that time the rules allowed the placement of the salt lick. If Dave shoots a deer standing over a bait that someone else placed, he's not in breach of the reg, because Dave never baited the ungulate and there is no prohibition of shooting an ungulate attracted to the bait.

If the reg intended to cover these instances it should read, "it is unlawful to bait and/or knowingly hunt over bait...." - then it would have applied regardless of the "who" and "when" the bait was placed.

Nelsonob1...

Exactly.. i guess you explained it better than me
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Will put a damper on the larger scale winter feeding programs for sure, which was an intended goal as I understand.
    It does say except under permit, so i would assume those types of activities to save from winter kill would be approved
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
    "Who" and "When" are key. For example, if Oliver placed the bait 2 months ago, he is not in breach of the reg because the rule does not apply retroactively and at that time the rules allowed the placement of the salt lick. If Dave shoots a deer standing over a bait that someone else placed, he's not in breach of the reg, because Dave never baited the ungulate and there is no prohibition of shooting an ungulate attracted to the bait.

If the reg intended to cover these instances it should read, "it is unlawful to bait and/or knowingly hunt over bait...." - then it would have applied regardless of the "who" and "when" the bait was placed.
    Enjoy your season man! I spend enough time around legislation every day I dont need to argue it over the internet with someone. Do as you wish, like I said I know how I'll deal with the law and jurisprudence will likely sort the rest out.

So far all I've seen is in the Synopsis, which isn't the actual legislation, but I can figure enough out to know the intent of the law. That's enough for me. Others can enjoy the woods as they like and interpret accordingly.
    Last edited by Rackmastr; 07-06-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    It does say except under permit, so i would assume those types of activities to save from winter kill would be approved
    My guess is the most part they wont, as it was my understand that local bios have not approved of the actions for a little while, but yep it gives them a lot of freedom to react appropriately.

Originally Posted by Rackmastr
    Even without going to the Act, the regs state that its "unlawful to bait ungulates". Nothing nuanced about who places the bait.
    So in Region 4 would all those hay, grain fields off limits to hunting as they could be classified as "bait sites"
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I have been reading some of these posts and some are out to lunch ,,the law says no baiting clear and simple by the time hunting season arrives on the 10th of sept it has been almost two months since the regs say no baiting of any sort that's if you put salt or other out before the new regs came in effect clear and simple so I would think that after two months all salt should be gone from within the front of your trail cams and if not by law take out the salt that is still there pack it out next time you go check your trail cam..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 07-06-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I have been reading some of these posts and some are out to lunch ,,the law says no baiting clear and simple by the time hunting season arrives on the 10th of sept it has been almost two months since the regs say no baiting of any sort that's if you put salt or other out before the new regs came in effect clear and simple so I would think that after two months all salt should be gone from within the front of your trail cams and if not by law take out the salt that is still there pack it out next time you go check your trail cam..
    You got it bud. Cheers and good luck in September!

Enjoy your season man! I spend enough time around legislation every day I dont need to argue it over the internet with someone. Do as you wish, like I said I know how I'll deal with the law and jurisprudence will likely sort the rest out.

So far all I've seen is in the Synopsis, which isn't the actual legislation, but I can figure enough out to know the intent of the law. That's enough for me. Others can enjoy the woods as they like and interpret accordingly.
    Enjoy your season too. Just 7 more weeks to archery elk. The best ten days of the year.