Thread: Politics Before Science: New Chinook Regulations Announced

Exclamation Politics Before Science: New Chinook Regulations Announced

“Chasing the shiny penny of implementing fishery restrictions to recover stocks is a failed strategy—we know this from our 20-year experience to recover interior Thompson coho without success. Restrictions are nothing more than placing lipstick on the pig, and this government has failed to make strategic investments such as habitat improvement, water quality, enhancement, and predator control that address the real causes of Chinook declines. This government took the cheap way out, and their so-called bold investment will amount to nothing more than standing back and watching this stock dwindle to extinction.”

https://islandfishermanmagazine.com/...ons-announced/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Politics Before Science: New Chinook Regulations Announced

Sad, very sad...........

Unbelievable, the DFO should be sued for malfeasance.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

I’ve got an Idea let’s kick DFO out of BC! We start paying a provincial license and tell them they have no more authority over BCs waters.

Another one for his magi sty. He won't stop the madness.

Well another Canada Day ,and another blast of stupidity,thanks Nog or the info,, I wonder if DFO has ever done anything right,..not to my knowledge on this coast,,not for my 6 decades..
    Last edited by Dutch; 07-01-2020 at 09:40 AM.

So we shouldn't restrict the fishery?

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    I’ve got an Idea let’s kick DFO out of BC! We start paying a provincial license and tell them they have no more authority over BCs waters.
    Thats kinda the same idea as CHOP or CHAS in SEATTLE on Capital Hill. No Police. Same idea.

Perhaps we should do more than restrict everything, restriction does not bring anything back, as has been proven for more DFO debacles than I can remember. Its called enhancement .. predator control seal and sea lions are now more prominent than ever before and they are not vegan you certainly cannot point the finger on logging as that has been virtually wiped out .I spent my entire career at sea on the West Coast of this country and the lack of participation in any kind of salmon enhancement by the feds is staggering if not abysmal. Call it what you will lack of funds,lack of interest,sell out they have done little to nothing to assist the wild stocks, look at the big bar slide .Lots of talk no action .Thank you to the small private groups who endeavour to try and sustain some runs.No there has been nothing out of that Federal group and they are champions of pointing the finger at everything and doing nothing. Latest and greatest save the SRKW by limiting harvest and slowing ships down to allow the SRKW to echo locate their prey, but do they feed at night ,we think so,,WTF?? sorry that is DFO science at its best.