Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kuiu pants

Kuiu pants

Hi folks....

curious if anyone owns a pair of Kuiu Pants that they would care to comment on. I am considering a pair for late Sept early Oct Moose hunting, but am having a hard time deciding based on online descriptions. The price is very high so I am quite cautious. Typically I would hit the thrift store and find something suitable there.
    Cheapest pants seem to be the attack, but they are nearly 200 bucks! Anyhow, any opinions from folks who have worn them while hunting and can comment on whether or not they are worth the bucks.

thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kuiu pants

I have the Attack Pants.

I can't recommend them for the money.

The zipper in the fly is not great...it's going to fail early. The internal mesh pocket inside the side pockets is a real hassle...it just traps your hand and you are forevers working around it and fishing for stuff. The material pills and willow brush will snag the material leaving threads pulled out of the material. Of course being synthetic, the camp fire will burn holes or melt marks in them (true of any synthetic pant though).

I bought a pair of Eddie Bauer fleece lined hiking pants for half as much money and I like them much better. They are a bit noisier for moose hunting than the Attack Pants but I wear wool pants for moose hunting anyhow so...

Personally have 3 different sets of Kuiu Pants and all have been great.

They are doing a few gear days from what I saw in BC in the coming weeks that would be worth checking out, you can see all products in hand and they usually have 15% off some items.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

I have two pairs of Kuiu pants. I have only used the guide pants at this point so I cannot comment on the Tiburon yet. The guide pants would likely work for you. They are durable and certainly are a mid season pant. I have worn them early season and they are too hot the majority of the time. That is why I bought the Tiburon for summer and early fall hunting. Anything Kuiu is expensive now. I have noticed a sky rocketing of their prices in the last couple of years, likely due to the drop in the Canadian dollar. I have no real complaints about the products. They are certainly a quality product and I don't think you will regret the purchase.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I use the Talus Hybrid pants for mid to late season and they are excellent, only criticism I have is they are made for slendor fellows !
    Im also shopping for a lighter early season pant that’s quiet and some what water repellent so if any recommendations I’m all ears
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I’ve used the guide pants for over 5 years of vigorous hunting. They are amazing!!!!!! Guides are the way to go. Super comfortable and blood washes easily out of them.
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!

Haven't seen that - do you have details???

Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    Personally have 3 different sets of Kuiu Pants and all have been great.

They are doing a few gear days from what I saw in BC in the coming weeks that would be worth checking out, you can see all products in hand and they usually have 15% off some items.

I own the attack pants, love them. I went through several hiking pants before ending up here and I abuse them quite a bit. Very sturdy, quieter then all the hiking pants, love the stretch, very comfortable in steep terrain, breaths well and warm when combined with merino long johns. I am extremely happy with them

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    I think it was July 25 & 26 @ 11 a.m at the Best Western in Abbotsford

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    Just checked on there facebook.

July 4/5 - FSJ
    July 18/19 - Kamloops
    July 25/26 - Abbotsford
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF