Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thieves on the Tulameen River FSR

Thieves on the Tulameen River FSR

Saturday my Son drops into our Tulameen cabin, he's spent the prior days camping on the Tulameen River FSR and driving along Lodestone, Lawless and roads in between looking for a bear. Seen lots, didn't see what he liked yet and drove into Tulameen for gas and some TUC Tape for needed vehicle repairs. Pops in for a chat and a coffee then he heads to Coalmont, down Lodestone to his site, a small Rec Site.
    Gets to the site, there's a guy and a motor bike sitting in his site, at his campfire, burning his wood. WTF ??
    He calmly gets out, walks up behind the guy and asks politely what he's doing. When Son goes on a solo hunt for a few days he looks like something out of Deliverance so the guy is a bit shocked.
    Guy said that when he arrived the site was empty other than a stack of firewood. Son then asks where his camp cot, stove, axe and a number of other items were? Guy doesn't have a clue. They look around the site and pretty well all that was left were his 2 jerry cans of gas.
    So, he lost his cot and such, fortunately that morning he had put his tent and bedding in the truck in case it rained while he was gone and he always keeps his cooler in the truck because of critters.
    So home to Princeton he went, not very happy.
    Guess there are Bass Turds everywhere.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Thieves on the Tulameen River FSR

That sucks. Been robbed at a hunting camp before, sure doesn't sit well. Sorry to hear that.
    Tick tock, tick tock...waiting for hunting season...

That sucks....I wonder it's getting to the point where one of your hunting party has to stay in camp.....

That's sad . Trail cameras or somebody in camp. Hope those sumbitches get there karma!
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

That sucks. Got a good chuckle from the description of your son after a few days of solo hunting

Seems to be thieves everywhere you go. I read a lost of posts on social media about guys justifying it too, especially with trailcams and blinds.

"If you leave it in the bush it's considered abandonment and anyone can claim it. It's legal!"

A couple years back my wife left out a blind chair at the top of a little spur road before a washout to zip into the timber for a quick bio relief. Not even 5 mins later I am coming back from a little rifle stroll to see a couple guys in a white truck scoop it. I'm chasing them down trying to get their attention. Either they didn't see me or pretended not to hear or see me. I don't know, so I won't make assumptions or judge beyond saying people should leave stuff alone. I mean maybe if you see a chair or whatever on some spur road week after week but jumping out and scooping gear the second you see it is short sighted at best and thievery at worse depending on intent.

Funny side note. That story above for a split second the idea of firing a shot into the ditch beside me popped in my head as a means to get their attention but that was quickly overwhelmed by common sense about how that could be horribly misinterpreted. Can you imagine, you drive up a spur road and see a blind chair, figure ah someone problem forget it let's grab it... then half a minute later you hear a shot and look behind you and there's some guy running after you yelling. I'd be terrified and probably assume someone shot at me LOL and it's just a chair after all.

And yeah then there are just straight up thieves / vandals, breaking into vehicles, drilling gas tanks and such. So far I haven't been hit by that level of thievery yet, but there seems to be a lot of posts about it happening to others. Pretty sad.

Last year my wife and I were at the provincial campground in Clearwater on our way home. Someone took my chair from our camp. Sure enough we walked around just after it happened and here it is with 3 men/2 women at a site. They didn’t expect me to walk in and take it after telling them what will happen the next time. They packed up and left shortly after. These people need one hospital visit to understand that being a thief doesn’t pay.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    That sucks. Got a good chuckle from the description of your son after a few days of solo hunting
    When he goes full out and leaves all his teeth at home all he'd need is a banjo and he'd clear a camp site in a minute.

Sorry to hear John ! that SUCKS people stealing a Guys stuff ! RJ

I had someone steal my stove out of a camp up in cash creek a few years ago,not sure why they'd only take that with everything else there too. Not sure what I'd do if I came back and caught someone stealing my shit

So why didn’t you shiet kick the intruder? Maybe I read the storey wrong but you came back to camp to find a dude intruding?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...