Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lost firearm

Re: Lost firearm

i like to think that in the old days almost anyone finding a gun would have instantly felt the pit in the stomach of the person who lost it and would have done everything to return it to that person....different world today but there are still honest people out there and i like to think that your best chance to run into honest people is in the woods...fingers crossed

Stopped in a random spot to take a leak on the side of a spur road about 10 years ago up Gold creek rd. as I'm watering the grass on the side of the road I see a beauty of a Tikka 7mm leaning against a tree. put it in the back seat with the plan to drop it off at the RCMP station at teh end of the day. Ran into a couple old retired guys road hunting about 6 hours later. Stopped to chat for a bit and the one guy was pretty upset telling us how he'd lost his brand new Tikka the day before. Well.......I made his day.
    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
    --John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by BearStump View Post

Stopped in a random spot to take a leak on the side of a spur road about 10 years ago up Gold creek rd. as I'm watering the grass on the side of the road I see a beauty of a Tikka 7mm leaning against a tree. put it in the back seat with the plan to drop it off at the RCMP station at teh end of the day. Ran into a couple old retired guys road hunting about 6 hours later. Stopped to chat for a bit and the one guy was pretty upset telling us how he'd lost his brand new Tikka the day before. Well.......I made his day.
    That’s awesome I bet he was smiling ear to ear, I can just imagine you saying “ does it look like this,” whilst pulling out his rifle. Thanks for sharing, that’s great.

I think thats awesome, the guy must have been soooo happy. I think generally speaking this is the type of person we hunters aspire to being. Good on ya.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

... and then you got in an argument over who’s spot it was!

Good on you!

good on you for being honest!!!

Please spred the word. I don’t have social media. Thx to all
    majorguns