Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are guided hunts all cancelled this year in B.C.

Re: Are guided hunts all cancelled this year in B.C.

Until 2m distancing is a legal requirement you have nothing to worry about with respect to a CO’s question in the scenario you described.

Quote Originally Posted by bearheart View Post
    Please note, I'm Not trying to start an argument, just trying to avoid unpleasant encounters with armed men in uniforms. But if you and your buddy are going down the road in your truck, with a legally harvested tagged deer in the back, road check,C.O. says "hmmm you two don't live at same address, in fact you live in different towns. And.... you are in the same vehicle!?". ( My truck is a small Nissan so it would require one of us be riding back with the deer to get that 2m separation.) Again not trying to be difficult, but it would be good to know before the fact. Cause next the C.O. says, are you aware of the Covid 219 guidelines in the reg?

what do you tell the C.O. at that time?

Also keep in mind , come October/November Covid19 situation likely to be worse with the overlap with the flu season leading to difficult situation ( you come down with old fashion flu, your tests for Covid comes back positive, but in fact you happen to be an asymptomatic carrier who also happens to have the old fashion flu or just a really bad cold). I am a health care worker so I know a bit about this sort of thing. Don't really want to swerve into the politics of Covid,just trying to sort out my fall hunting plans. I am getting old, love to hunt, but I need to stay safe too. Okedokey?

Thank you gentlemen.

GOABC has a SOP doc for g/o's to use with the c-19 situation, shows how they can still operate, with restrictions.
    Just like other industries, they have it covered.,
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

GOABC SOP = CYA document

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    GOABC has a SOP doc for g/o's to use with the c-19 situation, shows how they can still operate, with restrictions.
    Just like other industries, they have it covered.,
    I read the document.Weak tea I'm afraid. In a bush camp, the outfitters are going to provide 1 tent per hunter in camp? Ready access to hot water for hand washing?By Work Safe B.C. standards there will need to be antiviral grade cleaning wipes or similar readily available to disinfect any shared hard surfaces after every contact. "If you are sick stay home" , o.k., if you are in the prodromal stage the infection, when you are asymptomatic but shedding virus.....

They mention "plexiglass partitions"...... in a hunting camp? cook tent? I am finding it difficult to find plan credible. Especially if a significant percentage of people in the hunting population believe the pandemic is a hoax and are unlikely to follow these recommendations.

Maybe this is about helping the outfitters keep their fees if clients question the wisdom of hunting in this fashion this season..... if a 4hr airplane flight is dangerous , infection wise, a 7-12 day hunt in bush conditions in a group of unrelated individuals from far flung communities , living in close proximity for the duration of the hunt, sounds sketchy.

I don’t think the hunters from out of country would even be allowed in right now.

bhb
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    The 14 day isolation will also make it very hard for US clients. Turns a 10 day hunt into a 24 day trip
    They are isolating in the mountains
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

With the covid numbers in the USA, Americans being the bulk of hunters I wouldn’t hold my breath on this one. Obviously any Canadian hunter will be a go if the outfitter is open

im pretty sure all non Canadian residents will have to wait till next year for guided hunts. but any Canadian resident that have purchased guided hunts are still able to do them. i know for flying out for my sheep hunt they take your temp and make your wear a mask, and after the hunt if your showing any signs of being sick that the float plane isn't allowed to pick you up as per transport BC guidelines and that STARS has to be called to airlift you out..

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    They are isolating in the mountains
    Except you have to do it alone, tough to do when u are guided

CANADIAN OUTFITTER SHOWCASE

Show put on by Wild TV, gives an opportunity for g/o's to reach out to Cdn hunters
    First? episode had a couple of BC g/o's and then others from east
    Advertising looked like Koehler created the idea, kudos if thats the case
    Last edited by boxhitch; 08-15-2020 at 07:58 PM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

No legal "requirements" .... merely recommendations. Just be smart is all ...
    VDD GROUP CANADA
    BCWF
    BIGSLAPPER OUTDOOR ADVENTURES est. 1963
    www.bigslapper.com

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Odds are you're probably not going to get a sheep anyways. So you want to at least enjoy your time on the mountain. But not sexually.