Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Sheep Pack Weight

Re: 2020 Sheep Pack Weight

Quote Originally Posted by robllachance View Post
    Save some weight by taking one larger fuel canister.
    I’ve thought about doing this too, but I can’t buy them locally and I hate having half full cans kicking around. I usually bring the one that fits in the jetboil and a spare one, sometimes it’s the next size up and sometimes it’s another little one.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

They sell some cheap valves to transfer gas between canisters

UOTE=Bustercluck;2183755]I’ve thought about doing this too, but I can’t buy them locally and I hate having half full cans kicking around. I usually bring the one that fits in the jetboil and a spare one, sometimes it’s the next size up and sometimes it’s another little one.[/QUOTE]

What's your pee bottle? A wide mouth Powerade bottle is 1.67oz, easy couple ounces there.

I brought a pee bottle last year worked well if you are solo in the tent. Make sure the bottle has enough capacity haha

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    I brought a pee bottle last year worked well if you are solo in the tent. Make sure the bottle has enough capacity haha
    Please tell me there’s an inside joke I’m missing here.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

What, raining and snowing and didn’t want to
    go outside of the tent in middle of the night so you piss in a bottle. No big deal, just don’t let it get to full haha

Quote Originally Posted by HankBC View Post
    Hey gents, been compiling this list based upon what I required the last couple years in the mountains. I haven't died yet, so I continue adding and subtracting things that don't seem to have a Very important purpose, or multiple uses. I researched on here and Rokslide a fair bit, and upgraded and changed accordingly.

Here's what I came up with https://lighterpack.com/r/48260f

It's a link to a gear list website that I built it on, free to use if you'd like to do the same.

Thats not exactly your packed weight though, thats your walking weight. Unless of course you are carrying a spare pair of boots in your pack...

Tracking Skin-out weight is important, IMO. If your legs are having to move it up a hill, there's minimal difference if it is on your chest, ass or backpack. Weight on you feet and legs make a difference vs. Your backpack.

My skin-out weight is 68-70 pounds, including everything I wear, bino harness, 10 days of food, optics, rifle and 3L of water.

But my backpack is only 24 pounds, so roughly 1/3 the total weight.

Quote Originally Posted by HankBC View Post
    Hey gents, been compiling this list based upon what I required the last couple years in the mountains. I haven't died yet, so I continue adding and subtracting things that don't seem to have a Very important purpose, or multiple uses. I researched on here and Rokslide a fair bit, and upgraded and changed accordingly.

Here's what I came up with https://lighterpack.com/r/48260f

It's a link to a gear list website that I built it on, free to use if you'd like to do the same.
    I Like the pie chart and list , food you can def save some weight. I take peanut butter packs , MCT oil , anything high calories to weight ratio. I can get 2500 cals down to 1.2 lbs a day. Also your boot weight is for 1 boot , unless you did some modifications to them yourself haha.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Thats not exactly your packed weight though, thats your walking weight. Unless of course you are carrying a spare pair of boots in your pack...
    He posted “pack weight , worn weight” has both on there maybe he edited after
    you posted this