Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who got what? and where?

Re: Who got what? and where?

My son and I got a shared moose draw in 4-24.Never have been in the area(hunting partner has) looking forward to going into a new area.If any body has info pm me please as it has been a few years since my partner has been there.

Haven't drawn anything for years & years. Nor has anyone in our group individually. Saw lots of moose last year where we applied and hunt. Even saw an immy when the season wasn't open. Oh well can't win t the lottery either so just have to get used to it. Interesting one person claimed they have gotten moose 3 years in a row. So much for lower odds after the first one.

I got F'd right in the A, again

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    now that’s quite the spread.. can hunt pre / rut / post ! I’m kind of glad my window is only 3 weeks, couldn’t imagine trying to take 2+ months off to chase moose ^^
    I wish I had that much time haha. We plan to go last week of Sept & first week of Oct. I am speaking with Srupp though, so I will heed his advice carefully of course! Plus I also have a whitetail anterless tag for 5-1 where my cabin is at Deka Lake. And I hunt waterfowl and have a blacktail honey hole I go to every year as well. So it will be a busy fall/winter for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by tyyota View Post
    We did that one in 2015. We got one in the first few hours, then didn't see another bull. We went Oct 20: a little too late in the season. I suggest getting there last week of September and into early October.
    Awesome! That is our current timing we have planned!! I would love a PM with any other information you might have? Where is a good spot to setup camp? Did you have any Grizz run ins? How was the weather? etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Picked up two bull moose tags between myself my better half and my hunting partner for one of the 8-15 zones for sept 10-30.

will be our first attempt ever at moose, will have boots on the ground every day of the season health permitting, so let’s hope the odds gods are in our favour. I don’t anticipate seeing another moose draw for a long time after this !
    Can't be 815, no Sept draws and no zones. You better check

Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    Can't be 815, no Sept draws and no zones. You better check
    fixed. Good eye. 5-15

Gotta say I'm happy for everyone that got a coveted LEH this year! Congrats and may your dreams come true! I'm looking forward to reading the tales here on HBC.

Not to bitch and moan at all but, I've been putting in for a once in many-life-times draw now for decades and if I am every lucky enough to have my name on a ticket then the wait will simply have added to the pure joy I expect it will bring. Yeah AND I'm not nearly as chipper as the above implies about it.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I got drawn for Skunk

15 years of nothing. And I apply for hunts every year with 1/3 odds or less. Great math. If I was in The Deer Hunter, I could be playing and laughing for decades.