Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Days old satellite imagery

Re: Days old satellite imagery

Thank you so much, very helpful.

Cheers mate!
    According to my area the snow line looks a few weeks old. Still better than some of the old imagery google has.
    Last edited by Mark-R; 06-24-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini View Post
    Not sure how current these maps are but fatmap.com has some really nice satellite imagery. Also allows for 3D mode
    Are these updated regularly as well? The quality looks great.

Also, thank you very much umos. These are great.

Glad this is useful. On the top left of the page there is a little calendar symbol, clicking on that shows you the dates images are available for, and you can select whatever date is circled. It looks like the satellite passes every 3 days or so, and the data are uploaded the same day. So the latest image should be within the last 3 days. At least for the sentinel imagery, which is the default display.

Damn! Thanks so much. I just delayed field work based on the imagery and got the client to agree because I sent a downloaded image!!! Very useful!

I'll save this one, nice find buddy. Appreciate the help!

Quote Originally Posted by umos View Post
    Glad this is useful. On the top left of the page there is a little calendar symbol, clicking on that shows you the dates images are available for, and you can select whatever date is circled. It looks like the satellite passes every 3 days or so, and the data are uploaded the same day. So the latest image should be within the last 3 days. At least for the sentinel imagery, which is the default display.
    This is great! What's over that next ridge...
    https://www.instagram.com/colehank/?hl=en

much appreciated, Thx.
    The Pharmaceutical Industry is just as interested in World Health as the Arms Industry is in World Peace.

"We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one." -Confucius

I cant seem to zoom in as close and have as much detail and resoulution as I can with Google earth. Is there some setting to change?

^^ OP explained the resolution isn't great whereas the advantage is the imagery is being refreshed every couple of days. Lots of areas in Google Maps the imagery hasn't been updated for years.

Quote Originally Posted by umos View Post
    On the top right of the screen there is a picture of a satelite. Click on that, then uncheck the sentinel data, that will leave only the street maps.
    Thanks umos!