Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sikkani chief bison draw help

Re: Sikkani chief bison draw help

I am also wondering about access in to the 7-42 C zone. Our draw is mid October and we have quads but I know we can only stay on the designated trails and the trails don't go into the C zone. Snow mobiles are exempt from ATV trail rules I understand? Is there usually enough snow in October for snow mobiles? Any rules on dirt bikes? We are not experienced horsemen so trying to avoid that route. Covering that much ground and packing out those massive animals on foot would be quite the task...
    Last edited by dewert; 06-25-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstix View Post
    I will be moving my camp in for late elk, on Oct 3rd, if you are camped at airstrip I will drop by, just need to know how to identify you....you may have already got your bison by then, but if not, I may be able to help you. I know the area pretty well.
    PS. I am bitter that you got a draw and I didn’t, but I will be over it by Oct 3rd
    LOL sounds good. Haven't nailed down a plan for camp location. Airstrip is option one but we have a few other factors to consider still.

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

roger that
    Quote Originally Posted by DBASTOCK View Post
    LOL sounds good. Haven't nailed down a plan for camp location. Airstrip is option one but we have a few other factors to consider still.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

The rule is for all motorized vehicles except for snowmobiles....there has never been enough snow in October that I have ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by dewert View Post
    I am also wondering about access in to the 7-42 C zone. Our draw is mid October and we have quads but I know we can only stay on the designated trails and the trails don't go into the C zone. Snow mobiles are exempt from ATV trail rules I understand? Is there usually enough snow in October for snow mobiles? Any rules on dirt bikes? We are not experienced horsemen so trying to avoid that route. Covering that much ground and packing out those massive animals on foot would be quite the task...
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstix View Post
    The rule is for all motorized vehicles except for snowmobiles....there has never been enough snow in October that I have ever seen.
    There was enough for some guys to bring out the sleds last October but mainly rental machines We stuck with quads and tire chains. Had 12” the third morning of our hunt. (Last half of Oct.)
    Pretend hunter.

Snow machines are not allowed in the M-K until Nov 1

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    Snow machines are not allowed in the M-K until Nov 1
    Incorrect. You DO have to follow all other motor vehicle restrictions from April 16 to Oct. 31 though, IE, stay on the designated trails or within the specified distance.

Section 2, subsections 3 to 5 apply to all motor vehicles, including snowmobiles.

http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/...eg/23_187_2003

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/fa...map_mk2018.pdf
    Pretend hunter.

You can use a snow machine on the designated routes I suppose if you want snow or no snow, but outside of the designated routes:

(2)
    Despite subsection (1), a person does not commit an offence if he or she uses or operates a snowmobile weighing less than 500 kg within the management area during the period November 1 to April 15.

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    Incorrect. You DO have to follow all other motor vehicle restrictions from April 16 to Oct. 31 though, IE, stay on the designated trails or within the specified distance.

Section 2, subsections 3 to 5 apply to all motor vehicles, including snowmobiles.

http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/...eg/23_187_2003

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/fa...map_mk2018.pdf
    Last edited by 2chodi; 06-25-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    Watch out for Grizzlies. They are plentiful there and often get into people's animals.
    IF a Grizzly is in your Stuff shoot him ! Fire a warning shot into his Head ! jmo RJ

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    You can use a snow machine on the designated routes I suppose if you want snow or no snow, but outside of the designated routes:

(2)
    Despite subsection (1), a person does not commit an offence if he or she uses or operates a snowmobile weighing less than 500 kg within the management area during the period November 1 to April 15.
    Yup. Exactly.
    Pretend hunter.