Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sikkani chief bison draw help

Sikkani chief bison draw help

Hey guys, I was lucky enough to draw a bison tag and looking at the sikkani chief area and looking for the best way to get land access. Anyone have any experience or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sikkani chief bison draw help

What time of year? Are you tenting or looking for a place to stay? Sikanni River outfitters has a beautiful place to stay and hunt from. Great people, great food and comfortable.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

We have 4 guys, wall tent quads and our draw is from is beginning of October. Would really like to walk tent as we enjoy that style of hunt but unsure of our limitations for access and need for atv trailers to haul the gear in with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    What time of year? Are you tenting or looking for a place to stay? Sikanni River outfitters has a beautiful place to stay and hunt from. Great people, great food and comfortable.
    owned by the prophet??? Native band now.

Quote Originally Posted by nedarb2 View Post
    owned by the prophet??? Native band now.
    Interesting? Their Facebook page only posted till Feb 24 of this year too. Mike passed away back in Aug/18, so hopefully the new owners carry it on. Another beautiful place in BC. RIP Mike.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Watch out for Grizzlies. They are plentiful there and often get into people's animals.

Didn’t realize that Mike he passed. Did you say that the prophet band bought the ranch?

Quote Originally Posted by DBASTOCK View Post
    Didn’t realize that Mike he passed. Did you say that the prophet band bought the ranch?
    yes they have. And have either hired or leased out the outfitting business. Most people are around for this season to train/teach the new people taking over

Sad way for that outfit to change hands, Mike and Dixie were a integral part of the wood work, be a shame if the new owners don't carry on in the same fashion.....time will tell

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

I will be moving my camp in for late elk, on Oct 3rd, if you are camped at airstrip I will drop by, just need to know how to identify you....you may have already got your bison by then, but if not, I may be able to help you. I know the area pretty well.
    PS. I am bitter that you got a draw and I didn’t, but I will be over it by Oct 3rd
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!